GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the umpteenth time, I am having problems with my brake lights. This time the brake lights were lit without either of the brake levers touched. I happened to notice that the lower fairing martini lights on the right side had three lights out. (the last time it was the other side martini lights) I unplugged the right side and the brake lights went out to just the normal running tail lights. Now, I can't get the brake lights to come on regardless of whether I use the hand lever or foot pedal... First question... does each lever have it's own switch? Second question... is there one main fuse for the brake lights? I know where the switch is for the hand lever, where is the switch (if there is one) for the foot pedal. Those are the only things I can think of to trouble shoot. You guys have any suggestions? it's a '10 by the way.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
1) Yes there are two different switches for the brakes. One for the front lever and one for the rear pedal.

2) Fuse 21 is the stop light fuse

3) The switch for the rear pedal is attached to the rear pedal. Remove the right side engine panel (the one to fill up engine oil) and you should be able to easily see the switch.

for the umpteenth time, I am having problems with my brake lights. This time the brake lights were lit without either of the brake levers touched. I happened to notice that the lower fairing martini lights on the right side had three lights out. (the last time it was the other side martini lights) I unplugged the right side and the brake lights went out to just the normal running tail lights. Now, I can't get the brake lights to come on regardless of whether I use the hand lever or foot pedal... First question... does each lever have it's own switch? Second question... is there one main fuse for the brake lights? I know where the switch is for the hand lever, where is the switch (if there is one) for the foot pedal. Those are the only things I can think of to trouble shoot. You guys have any suggestions? it's a '10 by the way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts