GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden I can't transmit on my CB radio. I'm receiving OK. I push the PTT button but I'm not being heard. The "TX" on the dash does come on. Help?? Anyone... It's been working for months and I have the 3 updates completed. TIA

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Check your headset cord, and especially the pins inside. Did you push one of the pins in while connecting it, or did you BEND one of the pins so it does not align properly?

I am having the same problem on my 2012, but I have not gone through the troubleshooting process yet, to determine the cause.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Check your headset cord, and especially the pins inside. Did you push one of the pins in while connecting it, or did you BEND one of the pins so it does not align properly?

I am having the same problem on my 2012, but I have not gone through the troubleshooting process yet, to determine the cause.

I believe he means on a 2018. That's the board he posted to.

As far as your problem:

If you have the newer J&M headset, I had the same thing happen to me on my J&M headset. Check the small microphone plug on the headset itself. Seems they have a issue with corrosion. Pull the 2 pin connector from the mic and spray some plastic safe contact in it. Then work it on and off a few times/

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Transmit Button

:surprise: Double check you are pressing the transmit switch....ask me how I know:surprise:

Reactions: anotherone

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
All of a sudden I can't transmit on my CB radio. I'm receiving OK. I push the PTT button but I'm not being heard. The "TX" on the dash does come on. Help?? Anyone... It's been working for months and I have the 3 updates completed. TIA
:surprise: Double check you are pressing the transmit switch....ask me how I know:surprise:
Read again.

Reactions: anotherone
1 - 7 of 7 Posts