GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO CRASH AND BURN :shrug:

Fed ex delivered my Kumho 195/55/16 RF this morning.
The driver left it sitting in front of the garage in the sun, by the time I found it was good and hot.

I put my extra wheel on the tire changer and got it mounted before it cooled down.

Got it installed on the bike and took off for a 120 mile ride, all I can say is WOW
should have done this sooner.

I'm running 38 PSI in it and it seems to run all the way across the tread, going to leave it there for awhile and see what happens.

I built my confidence in the tire by the time the ride was over, it seems to work as good as any MC tire I've used.

I'm DS 1020 :thumbup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside. Don't forget to tell all those nay sayers you ride with about your BMT. :congrats:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
:congrats: John, I'm glad you didn't ruin your flame suit the first time out.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know if the Kumho 195/55/16 has a bigger outside diameter than the standard MC tire?

On the highway I always run 65 Honda MPH witch is 60 actual.
It seems like I was passing a lot more cars with the speedo at 65 today.

Going to have to get one of the guy's at the sheriffs department to clock me on radar and see what it's really going.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
My Kumho is running 70 GPS and 72 Honda MPH. My half worn Stone was 74 Honda for a 70GPS. It shows a bit smaller around on the charts, but may be a bit larger perhaps because of the rim width, I don't know.
Anyway, your obsevation would run similar to mine. I seem to believe at least one other saying he had similar results also.

Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Way ta go, Jooohn! :thumbup:
thecruiser

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
John, congrats. Glad it worked so well for you.

I have used several of the Kumho run-flats. Your mileage may vary but I get even wear at 32 psi. You might want to keep an eye on the center tread to make sure it doesn't wear out prematurely at 38 psi. Good luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
didnt' crash and burn? Then you're not doing it right I guess.

Congrats!! I'm loving mine, and wish I did it sooner too

have fun!

·
Registered
879 Posts
:congrats::congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Put another 150 miles on the bike today, that's 270 total for the Kumho, liking it more every mile.
Droped the pressure down to 35 PSI, couldn't tell any differnce, tire looks to be riding flat.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Put another 150 miles on the bike today, that's 270 total for the Kumho, liking it more every mile.
Droped the pressure down to 35 PSI, couldn't tell any differnce, tire looks to be riding flat.
Ride over here and get your self some Darkside cookies !! Soon you will forget BMT is even on there. Try to remember when riding somebody else's round tire equipped bike :eek:4:Trust me on this one . Yesterday afternoon for me, neighbor witnessed a not so pretty but no harm incident at his corner ;)

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Ride over here and get your self some Darkside cookies !! ;)
If you would move south, I could come over at least once a week for Darksider cookies!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Next you will be dragging the pegs like rail32.:thumbup:

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
run your pressure down a bit

Welcome to the DarkSide John.

May want to drop the pressure down a bit more, most seem to run 32 to 34 psi. I run 32, seems to do well.

Don't forget your sticker :congrats:

·
Registered
664 Posts
:congrats: I know I wished I had gone to the darkside sooner! Glad you made it.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts
If you would move south, I could come over at least once a week for Darksider cookies!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
No moving south. I just got converted to the DS and I want cookies available on a regular basis. That won't hapen if he moves south.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to the DarkSide John.

May want to drop the pressure down a bit more, most seem to run 32 to 34 psi. I run 32, seems to do well.

Don't forget your sticker :congrats:
I started a new topic about that, I started out at 38 and it seemed to ride good, dropped down to 32, and it seems like the bike wants to wander especially if the road has cracks in it.
Back up to 35, we'll see how it goes tomorrow.
I just don't want to wear the center of the tire out prematurely.

Oh and the sticker, got to get an envelope sent to TJ.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts