GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, went and did it again. Just couldn't stand logging on to the site and seeing that generous discount offer that Hal was promoting. Just had to rack up another $450 in goodies. When will they ever have a cure for this horrible disease.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
There's NO cure for this horrible disease. You just have to keep buying accessories. I spent over $4,200.00 on our 03, & am already over $2,000.00 on our 04. Where does it end? I guess only when Hal runs out of goodies, & that's not likely to happen any time soon.

http://www.angelfire.com/in4/wingnut

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
CalWiing,

There is no known cure for the addiction. But over the years, I have figured a way to cope with it.

Once you get your current bike the way you like, remortgage the house to buy all the goodies etc, Next thing you do is sell it at a major loss and go and buy a new Bike.

This way, you can feed the addiction and will not have to go through withdrawal.

If you can't whoop em, Play their game !

Bulldog

·
Registered
979 Posts
:D Join the crowd Accessories disease,no known cure I find its a lot worse during the winter, hope theres lots of space left on that credit card LOL. I think Hal should start a support group for all of us junkies. :D :sw1: :sw1: :sw1: :yes: :a13: :biker:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
There's a Demon that inhabits all of these 1800s.
It causes the owner to do strange things such as buying chrome and other goodies for it.
It also will force you to make detours and ride many hours when you weren't planning on it.

I once made a trip to Walmart,10 miles away.The Demon took me on a route that took me 150 miles and never did stop at Walmart.Another time I went to the post office,just a few blocks away.Next thing I knew I was at the top of Mt Baker,some 40-50 miles away.

There is no cure,and who really needs a cure!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Wingnut, is that bike like, purple, or what? Cool looking bike! I really liked my yellow one up until now. I better hope my wife doesn't see that picture, or there will be a paint job in the future, for sure!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Duane,no need to paint,just go to your dealer and buy a new one!

My wife has seen the white and wants one.This will be my excuse for a new bike in a couple years!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
What a beautiful color! I just paid my 2003 off and got the title in my name, or I would be sorely tempted to forget all the recall troubles and trade it in on a new one. I sure like not having that payment every month. If I could figure out how you all post your pictures, I'd post one of our "baby" and show off a little. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts