GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WE have a two month old 06 with a little over 13,000 miles on it. Went for a ride today with a group, and when we stopped for a rest all was finr. Got back on the bike after about 15 minutes, and nothing for the engine. Lights, radio etc fine, but noticed when I turned on the ignition switch, no F1 light.

Checked all the fuses, OK.

Can only think that the ECM went bad, but any other ideas before I call the dealer in the morning.

Thanks

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,215 Posts
If the engine spins but won't start, turn on your cruise control and see if the orange "cruise" lights up. If it doesn't light you have a problem with the bank angle sensor or it's associated wiring, if the engine doesn't even try to crank, check you engine stop switch on the right handlebar. Sorry, that's all I have with limited info. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me. Bumped the Kill switch while cleaning the bike. Returned it to RUN and it was fine!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine Kill Switch

Well my face is RED, it was the Kill switch. Went back to get the bike and sure enough there it was.

I never use the switch so either my BUDDIES played a JOKE or I bumped when getting on or off.

Thanks ALL

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Thanks Bob,

You helped remind all of us to remember the kill switch, should we have problems starting the bike.

I don't use mine either. :D I use either the sidestand or the key to turn off my bike.

Aren't you glad that it was just something as simple as "pilot error?" :D

·
Registered
501 Posts
I use the side stand also so it is alway in gear and can not roll, but be careful, yesterday I parked the bike in the garage with the back end in the sun, I could not see the taillights...this morning the Battery was DEAD>>>>> :oops:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
blento said:
I use the side stand also so it is alway in gear and can not roll, but be careful, yesterday I parked the bike in the garage with the back end in the sun, I could not see the taillights...this morning the Battery was DEAD>>>>> :oops:
I did the same thing! :lol: Fortunately I was away for just a few minutes getting my gear and closing the gate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts