GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off the fairing and top shelter and other tupperware yesterday prior to a trip to the dealer for the ECM recall. Did not want to have (like previous visits) parts lost or threads stripped on my '01. Anyway, as I was going to load the bike on the trailer I tried to start it but all it would do was just crank,crank,crank and not turn over and start. Had to think about what I could have unhooked to make this happen. I figured out it had to be the bank angle sensor so I went to the fairing and unscrewed it and zip tied it to one of the harnesses, pluged it back in and made sure it was level. Viola! It then started and I was able to ride it into the trailer. Good thing I did it cause of course the technician has to start the bike to initialize the ECM. Get the bike back Wednesday and will let you guys know if the mileage improves or the drivability.

:) :)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I would like to see the Wing without its fairing.
Do you have a digital camera?

·
Registered
289 Posts
To Ginomad

Ref. Pix's

See seperate post " Pix's of GL1800 w/o top cover

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wait until you see it striped down for the frame inspection/repair/return-to-factory effort. For one thing, you could ride it if you had a 22" inseam.

Sorry, but the pictures I took were on film, but that inspection sold me on digital cameras. Now we have one, and the bike is back from Ohio and back together, so hopefully someone else will post one of these.

PS: Larry, why did you start a new post? Inquiring minds.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts