GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I sit here enjoying a half dozen $1 menu breakfast burritos I am thinking I really am my best riding partner. I eat what I want ,stop when I want, ride as I want,and really love it. I ain't going to no ride in, rally,sway meet, or poker run ,picnic or any social event. Just wondering western Wi. and maybe Mn. Mississippi river area . Twisting, turning, getting lost, and of coarse eating along the way. Next stop BBQ of coarse not as good as the south , but dang good for Wi. Got close to 200 miles before first stop. It's going to be a good day !! Sometimes I do wonder if I will turn into a social rider ,but after close examination ,not going to happen. Maybe a ride to eat dictator ,but no social rider status for me. Have a great day y'all Rail

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I agree. Just got home from an 1800 mile trip. Rode the first 600 miles with 7 other bikes. I ride with these guys all the time, but it was great to stop when I wanted, go off the beaten track when I felt like it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
As I sit here enjoying a half dozen $1 menu breakfast burritos I am thinking I really am my best riding partner. I eat what I want ,stop when I want, ride as I want,and really love it. I ain't going to no ride in, rally,sway meet, or poker run ,picnic or any social event. Just wondering western Wi. and maybe Mn. Mississippi river area . Twisting, turning, getting lost, and of coarse eating along the way. Next stop BBQ of coarse not as good as the south , but dang good for Wi. Got close to 200 miles before first stop. It's going to be a good day !! Sometimes I do wonder if I will turn into a social rider ,but after close examination ,not going to happen. Maybe a ride to eat dictator ,but no social rider status for me. Have a great day y'all Rail

And with a solo rider diet like that........I bet you can even fart whenever you like........just like me:thumbup:

A man after my own heart!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I hear ya, rail--
Motorcycling is really a solo pleasure for me.

ya might go easy on those breakfast burritos tho--:eat2:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
That's fine as long as we still get cookies!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

MR. Anti-Social!!!!~:wrong:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
You would fit quite nicely with DDKing and I. You just gotta move South. We normally leave at sunrise after a quick biscuit, and have a couple hundred miles of twisties under our belt before Q somewhere. Then, a couple hundred more on the way to the barn.

Of course, you'd have to stop occasionally...... so we could catch up. :oops:

Man that would sure be great. :thumbup: I'm guessing you wouldn't mind being able to ride 12 months out of the year.;)

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Add me to the 'lacking in social skills' list.
About the only 'group riding' that I do is PGR stuff, but not because I love formation riding.

I don't mind company once in a while, but part of the joy & freedom of riding is spontaneity. My last Saddle Sore 1K was with another couple riding 2up. We had a great time, but didn't feel the need to stay joined at the hip. Sharing the experience & scenery was great.

I avoid "amusement parks" like the plague -- crowds, traffic, screaming children, drunks... give me dogs any day!

Come to think of it, I'm the same way with my bicycle riding. Just got back from a quick 10 mile spin on my mountain bike. Hey -- I get to choose my bicycle tires without getting a papal blessing, too.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Rail, you would have to ride alone, not many people could keep up with you, i know i couldn't.
After my riding buddy suddenly past away last year, riding doesn't seem as much fun anymore.He was always telling me to slow down and i was trying to get him and his wife to speed up, at least to 55mph, took forever to get any where with those two.:lol::lol: I still miss ole Hooper.
Now when we ride i prefer to ride alone.
I guess it's what ever makes you happy.

Half a dozen $1 menu breakfast burritos ,I am thinking after a few minutes you might be toxic.:lol::lol::nojoke:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And with a solo rider diet like that........I bet you can even fart whenever you like........just like me:thumbup:

A man after my own heart!
Farting anytime is just one benefit :thumbup:
One track mind ,that's why I like you !!
You would fit quite nicely with DDKing and I. You just gotta move South.

Man that would sure be great. :thumbup: I'm guessing you wouldn't mind being able to ride 12 months out of the year.;)
Oh it's what i think about everyday . 12 months a year here is just one more stupid things i try to do every year here . But there I can do 1000 mile weekends in December !!

I don't even know what a social rider is.
PM Chuck 211 he will fill ya in :lol:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Half a dozen $1 menu breakfast burritos ,I am thinking after a few minutes you might be toxic.:lol::lol::nojoke:
You get a separate post .. After breakfest I was heading for BBQ but found a grilled chicken and roasted sweet corn feed. Than a ice cream place before home. I am thinking I will bust out one sit up so I burn off those extra calories today. You know from that vegetable I eat or was it 3 cobs I forget :tongue:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Man, I am right there with ya Rail. I love riding alone too for just those reasons. I did do 475 miles yesterday with the Wife along and to her credit, she didn't complain or hold me up any. We went to the Rockerbox cafe racer festival street show in Milwaukee and I couldn't believe the amount of bikes. Had to be more than twice as many bikes as there were at the Slimey Crud Run earlier this year in WI. Saw a lot of Sturgis bound bikes wobbling all along the toll road and into Chicago. Saw a fender bender with 4 Harleys and two cars. Man I don't like riding anywhere near them cruiser types. And yes Trialsman, the worst thing about living in northern IN besides the straight roads is the lack of riding time for a couple of months a year. Since I've been keeping track in 1993, I've managed to ride every month of the year but it isn't like a nice long day in the Summer. Which makesit so that I can't understand people not riding because it's too hot. WTF? And social rider, well someone who I've never met but I read some of his outlandish claims coined the phrase so it's not real to me anyhow.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seen you left me voice mail was in Madison with my wife. Maybe next year ?? I have never been to that one :thumbup:
Man, I am right there with ya Rail. I love riding alone too for just those reasons. I did do 475 miles yesterday with the Wife along and to her credit, she didn't complain or hold me up any. We went to the Rockerbox cafe racer festival street show in Milwaukee and I couldn't believe the amount of bikes. Had to be more than twice as many bikes as there were at the Slimey Crud Run earlier this year in WI. Saw a lot of Sturgis bound bikes wobbling all along the toll road and into Chicago. Saw a fender bender with 4 Harleys and two cars. Man I don't like riding anywhere near them cruiser types. And yes Trialsman, the worst thing about living in northern IN besides the straight roads is the lack of riding time for a couple of months a year. Since I've been keeping track in 1993, I've managed to ride every month of the year but it isn't like a nice long day in the Summer. Which makesit so that I can't understand people not riding because it's too hot. WTF? And social rider, well someone who I've never met but I read some of his outlandish claims coined the phrase so it's not real to me anyhow.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Farting anytime is just one benefit

I read somewhere's that once ya turn 70 It's ok to fart anywhere except in church. Just be sure that the hearing aid is turned way up.

:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I read somewhere's that once ya turn 70 It's ok to fart anywhere except in church. Just be sure that the hearing aid is turned way up.

In 25 years I most likely think for me it will be uncontrollable :shrug:;)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

Why wait till your 70? I been living by that rule since I was about 19. Just rip one off and look at who ever is closest and say......."Really?":22yikes:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
You get a separate post .. After breakfest I was heading for BBQ but found a grilled chicken and roasted sweet corn feed. Than a ice cream place before home. I am thinking I will bust out one sit up so I burn off those extra calories today. You know from that vegetable I eat or was it 3 cobs I forget :tongue:
Be very very careful rail, yo draws might look like a tractor trailer locked down in them.:shock:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Be very very careful rail, yo draws might look like a tractor trailer locked down in them.:shock:
Draws ?? :oops: I knew I forgot something :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
???

COMMANDO ! Rail, you da man :bow:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts