GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well you guys are going to love this.

I drop off my bike at the Honda Shop. No low beams at this point. as I wrote in my previous post.
Hand the Service manager my keys, we discuss the problem and what I tried in diagnosing the problem and I go home.

Next night I have a message at home that the bikes ready.

I call in the morning and the service manager says, We performed a PCV Inspection, which was a Honda specified inspection. While we were doing that inspection we saw a coolant leak and fixed it.
As far as your headlight low beams, they were off when they pulled the bike in at night and the lights worked fine in the morning. We found nothing wrong with the electrical system, battery load tested fine, grounds on the bike are secure also.

Typical, tell dealer you have a problem, bring to shop, wham, can't duplicate problem. Bikes home with lights and that pesky anti freeze smell that I had just begun to notice was fixed. Plus a Honda recall item was taken care of.

Total Bill: NADA, ZERO, ZIP :D

Sure hope the lights keep working. That's all she wrte for now.

Oh! I mentioned guys putting car tires on their wings, and both the owner and service manager said, "that will never get done in this shop, we'll never perform that work here".
Too much liability from what I could understand.
After all this is New Jersey :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
BanjoLou said:
Oh! I mentioned guys putting car tires on their wings, and both the owner and service manager said, "that will never get done in this shop, we'll never perform that work here".
Too much liability from what I could understand.
After all this is New Jersey :shock:
What dealer was this? I want to know so I can take my business elsewhere. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MotorcycleBoy said:
BanjoLou said:
Oh! I mentioned guys putting car tires on their wings, and both the owner and service manager said, "that will never get done in this shop, we'll never perform that work here".
Too much liability from what I could understand.
After all this is New Jersey :shock:
What dealer was this? I want to know so I can take my business elsewhere. :D
Well I guess if you ride out on a trip and need some service in NJ you don't need to stop at Burgers Motorcycles Sales in Three Bridges, NJ.

I'll never take my bike any place else around here. They have about the best Wing mechanic I know of. They are a great shop to deal with for service and warranty work.

Sadly the way litigation goes. Everybody and their brother gets sued when someone wants to push the issue. Can't blame them for covering their arsses.
Just what I think!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
If you have a great GW mechanic, I would keep going there.

I might be looking for a different place to get tires! Try a motorcycle tire specialty shop. Also independent shops that work on Harleys. They might want you to sign a disclaimer, but that shouldn't be a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
I was just kidding guys. That is why I put :D at the end of the post. Also, I live in Oklahoma and the chances I will ever make it to New Jersey are slim to none at this point. I would like to ride to New York City someday just to see the Statue of Liberty and attend Late Night with David Letterman but, other than those two reasons I have nothing to go up that way for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MotorcycleBoy said:
I was just kidding guys. That is why I put :D at the end of the post. Also, I live in Oklahoma and the chances I will ever make it to New Jersey are slim to none at this point. I would like to ride to New York City someday just to see the Statue of Liberty and attend Late Night with David Letterman but, other than those two reasons I have nothing to go up that way for.
Hey, thats cool. 8)

I just wanted to give ya the name of the dealer. Good guys.

Riding to the Statue of Liberty will put you on the Jersey Turnpike. Lot's of people do that and ride to the city all the time. Ellis Island right at the Statue is a great visit. I spent all day there with my kids years ago when they were young. Lots of American history passed through those gates.

You just have to be on ALERT ALL the time when riding. Best to ride in a group if you can.
I've done a few runs to New Yawk City.
One of them is Gooch's Garlic Run, police escort, could be a 1000 bikes +, and they have cops walking all around the area where the bikes are parked.
You end up in the Little Italy Area and ya get to have a great italian dinner if you can find a seat in any of the places. The ride out of the city is more or less on your own. There really isn't much of any time where there is no traffic.
Riding in the city is exciting, not my cup of tea anymore. Been there done that enough.
All along the rivers and by ways of NJ & NY there are tons of restauants and night life never ends.
Unless you get stabbed,shot, molested, hijacked, robbed at gun point... :D

If your in the right frame of mind and realize the issues the city is an amazing place to visit. You would have a blast.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,623 Posts
Motorcycleboy

Want to ride to NYC ??? We could do it Christmas Week end... 8)

Make sure you have your winter ROF tires on it !! :lol:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top