GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just came to my attention this morning and I think all bikers should be aware. http://www.tomself.com/HR.html
It is the most obsurd reason to take bikes and 4 wheelers off the market I have ever heard. Our local dealer, Larry's Motorsports, has had to move all his small bikes and 4 wheelers to a warehouse and cannot sell them or parts because of this bill. :wrong:

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I don't know about you.. but I have enough laws... its absurd that our
goverment thinks they should regulate EVERY moment of our life...

I think Congress should pass a law that makes it illegal for our government
leaders on all levels to steal tax money or take bribes... :evil: for their punishment .. remove them from office, take away their pensions.. and
make them register "as a thief" in the local newspaper where they live...

cosmic

·
Registered
334 Posts
cosmic_chariotI don't know about you.. but I have enough laws... its absurd that our
goverment thinks they should regulate EVERY moment of our life...

I think Congress should pass a law that makes it illegal for our government
leaders on all levels to steal tax money or take bribes... :evil: for their punishment .. remove them from office, take away their pensions.. and
make them register "as a thief" in the local newspaper where they live...

cosmic

I agree, but know that the punishment part is not enough. Send ALL politicians to jail... but there again they probably realised that could happen someday, and that's why our jail are more like country clubs, instead of somewhere that has no gyms, cable TV, sports complexes, etc.

Let 'em starve in H*ll as far as I'm concerned. I do not know of any politician , of any party, that is honest. That says a lot for the future of this country.

Harry.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
This just came to my attention this morning
Didn't this just get beatten to death on another thread here a week or so ago? :shrug:

Doesn't anyone read what's already HERE before posting...???

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I didn't see it a week ago. I just saw it on the news last night with our dealer on the news.:bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm glad you reposted as I missed it in the previous post.
The strange thing about this whole deal is it seems to be primarily concerned with lead paint. I know I have read several articles about ingesting lead paint and other items containing lead, but I haven't heard much about kids eating their motorcycles. Is this now a national problem? We need a National drive to educate our kids on this latent hazzard. Maybe just a sign, ATV's and Motorcycles now have so many warning placards on them now, how about one more .

"Eating this vehicle can be a hazzard to your health"

How about old tires, Do you have to label them before you throw them away. You know, kids playing in old tire yards might eat them thinking they were large "life saver" candy. Hey, you never know.

Bottom line, HOW STUPID

Shep

·
Registered
707 Posts
Didn't this just get beatten to death on another thread here a week or so ago? :shrug:

Thanks for the post, Banana. I too missed it the first time around. Also, Thank you Brian for kicking me while I'm down, I post to much anyway.

·
Banned
3,711 Posts

Have a Cookie, Milk, and Napp.

See all better ;)

Wow :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I think it would be sufficient just to increase the wording on the little sticker on top of the tank...."Warning: Always wear a helmet, protective clothing and eye protection and do not chew on or eat any parts of your motorcycle".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts