GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears the rumor earlier this year was true...no more comfort package. At the time people commented that the audio/comfort package just sold out for 2006 and that Honda would surely bring the biggest seller back for 2007? Is this not the case? So in order to get the comfort package I must at the very least jump up to the navi that I don't want? I hope someone tells me I got it wrong, Dan.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Honda was very smart in doing the "levels" selling bit. They knew ABS was a big desired item and also that a GPS was wanted. So they threw them together with the heated seat bit and jammed it down our thoats. Want ABS? $22 thou MSRP. GPS? Same thing. I was going to get a 07, but with no new features or designs other than colors, why dump the money? My 02 is set up the way I want it, not the way Honda wants me to buy it. I am sure a guy living in Fla that wants ABS also wants a heated seat.......

·
Registered
657 Posts
Topster

Actually some of us do, not everybody in Florida lives in Miami and Key West. Last winter I thoroughly enjoyed my heated seats, grips and vents in 19 degree weather (15 miles north of Pensacola). If I could have gotten ABS in the short window I had, I would have gone that route and still enjoyed the GPS.
Dennis

·
Registered
311 Posts
The story I got from 3 different dealers when trying to find an '06 Comfort Package in January was that Honda had under estimated the demand for the package and had thought more would go for GPS and up. I wanted the standard but for only $400 heated seat and grips - hell yeah. I was told that it wasn't being made simply due to low profit or loss for Honda of the Comfort package over standard. $2000 for heated grips, seat and nav - no thanks. So I ended up with the standard or premium audio. They do however come out with the color I wanted over black - dark orange metallic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts