GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of us in South Central PA, or 'PA Dutch Country', decided to form a group of riders with just one purpose: To ride! No meetings, no officers, no minutes and no dues - just riding around the area or riding to other events. To join us, email me then check our calendar on my website. We will start by getting together at least one weekend a month. Ride suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Now there's an idea who's time has come. How original! Too bad I'm a million miles away.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
crawdad said:
Now there's an idea who's time has come. How original! Too bad I'm a million miles away.
Yeah really, how great is that? Too bad your so far away.T. 8)

·
Registered
922 Posts
I would be interested in a covered bridge tour, if you ever arrange one please let me know. I live in Leesburg Va which is not really that far from you.

Nice area Pa Dutch country.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Sounds like the Southern Cruisers here... Post a ride and go!!! Some larger and more orginized than others..
Great idea, it works well!! Are non-wings allowed? :lol:

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
The Texas Hill Country riders are the same way. A volunteer sends out a monthly ride schedule for each Saturday. Anyone that wants to go, just show up.

If you don't like the place chosen, then suggest a place you like for a future run. We do donate 5 dollars a year and one Saturday a year we get a free breakfast. No meetings, not minutes, no President, no secretary, just lots of riding, mostly to lunch in the winter and breakfast in the summer. May be 200 miles away.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would be interested in a covered bridge tour, if you ever arrange one please let me know. I live in Leesburg Va which is not really that far from you.
The August event will be a two and one-half day event:
Friday evening - leave Lebanon @ 5 PM for the Green Dragon.
Saturday - leave for Yuengling brewery tour (free samples) and tour the mountains in central PA. May throw in Centralia.
Sunday - Biker Breakfast, then covered bridge tour.

Are non-wings allowed?
Any motorcycle with wheels may attend. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I'm blessed to be part of a group like that here. :D The closest thing we have to a "meeting" is a Tuesday night 'ride-in' to a little burger & ice cream place in a nearby town once a week in the summer months and that's not even exclusive to our group.

We have a Yahoo site with message postings and a calendar where we can post any rides/poker runs, etc., in the area. Anyone who wants to put together a ride on any fiven day can just post a message and set something up that way. I've gone on these where I was one of twenty-swome bikes and one of two. Each of the last three weekends I've logged over 400 miles this way. :D We'll do things like ride to a place that's normally a couple hours away for lunch or dinner and take the long (three to six hour) way to get there finding every twisty, hilly lake and river road between the two points.

It's not always perfect. Last weekend we found an intersection where our road went from chip & seal to gravel and the cross road was gravel as well. :shock: Yep, we all just turned around and found another road to travel. All in all, it's a great way to ride for me. If yo :D u're interested in how this group's site is set up, just send me a PM and I'll send you the URL.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Sounds great, maybe someone will start somehting like it around here....

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
John Garner said:
A group of us in South Central PA, or 'PA Dutch Country', decided to form a group of riders with just one purpose: To ride! No meetings, no officers, no minutes and no dues - just riding around the area or riding to other events. To join us, email me then check our calendar on my website. We will start by getting together at least one weekend a month. Ride suggestions are welcome.
There is a group in New England with the same idea you can use as a model for your, what we call, an un-club. Feel free to look around and ask a few q's if you want.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/NewEnglandRider/start

Wish you well, if done right it's a great group.

We had some touring folks from PA visit the area and went for a ride with us and truly enjoyed it.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I'll be happy to collect dues if'n that's too much trouble for you guys.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
UH OH! Before things get out of hand with this group, you're going to need a set of by-laws. You better form a by-laws committee that will guarantee that there will be no meetings and due. Then you'll have to get together to approve the rules. But, it will cost a few bucks to get those by-laws swept together, so you better collect come money from evreybody to pay the bills. Then you have to get together to determine how much each person owes.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'd love to ride with you but I'm short on cash for gas, lodging, food and coronas. Maybe you guys would chip in and help me out. How about 50 bucks a month from each of you. If I bring the better half it would be a little more. Thanks (Did I mention I like Coronas)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Too late, I've already started a club like this, well almost. The difference is my club rides only have one rider.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey John !!!!
Where's our Pa Grand Canyon pics??????
Joe
Well, after riding around all weekend, I had to get my chores done around the house. Wash the clothes, clean my room, general housework.....

Finally, I have the pictures moved from the camera & am now, as we speak, working on updating the website.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Some friends and my self put togather a group. No fees no meetings. We post some of our rides on the site I put togather, some we dont , we just go. Invite friends the more riders we have, the better the ride is. We post some of the pictures we take on our rides on the site. Relax and have some fun. Check out the site below.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts