GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 'problem' when riding my '09 GL1800 for more than 100-150 kilometres (65-100 miles). I get a VERY uncomfortable pain in the 'personal fleshy area'.......that is, the back-side of 'The Boys'. :confused: I have to stop and get off for a few minutes........not great when on a long trip.

I've tried various gel-seats but they are really no help. Will anyone else admit to having experienced this problem? :roll:

I hesitate to ask but.........Suggestions?

·
Registered
569 Posts
No polite way to answer it, But you might try an athletic supporter. Keeps "the boys" a little higher & less frictionized, (so to speak)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I run with a Walmart beaded seat cover and have on issues..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Check out my post under the "mods" section. I just had my seat reworked and it took care of a similar problem.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I wear bicycle shorts and use medicated powder......the shorts fit tight and dont let the boys move around and get rubed the wrong way....LOL

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have a 'problem' when riding my '09 GL1800 for more than 100-150 kilometres (65-100 miles). I get a VERY uncomfortable pain in the 'personal fleshy area'.......that is, the back-side of 'The Boys'. :confused: I have to stop and get off for a few minutes........not great when on a long trip.

I've tried various gel-seats but they are really no help. Will anyone else admit to having experienced this problem? :roll:

I hesitate to ask but.........Suggestions?
Two words... Compression shorts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I hate to suggest this but if riding is so important I guarantee that castration will solve the problem. :roll:

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,701 Posts
Beaded seat cover will pass air "down there." I use Beadrider. Others modify Walmart beaded seats.

Also, do away with cotton underwear. Get you some wicking underclothing that wicks moisture away from your skin.

Those two things do the job for me. Hope this helps.

Anti-monkey butt powder works, but I don't need it any more.

Ride safely......and for a greater distance comfortably.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Ever consider castration?

:wrong:

:joke:

Sorry, I could not pass up such an opportunity. I am truly surprised I was the first with that response!

Joe T.

Geez, I see someone beat me to it!!

Arrgghhh!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ever consider castration?

:wrong:

:joke:

Sorry, I could not pass up such an opportunity. I am truly surprised I was the first with that response!

Joe T.

Geez, I see someone beat me to it!!

Arrgghhh!!!!
You wern't. See the reply 3 above yours

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Couple of naked lady golf tees?

·
Registered
366 Posts
One thing you can do is buy a pair of Defender jeans.... On top of being lined with Kevlar, they have a gusseted crotch and allows the boys some room to move around

And they are made in the USA

Mark

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Had a bit of that issue.... had my seat done by WingSoft, problem resolved. Mainly, the OEM seat felt very "hard" after a couple of hours riding, quite painful to sit on... Having the thicker foam put in by WingSoft has made a real difference.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Buy a Harley - I can stay in the saddle all day. My Wing, on the other hand, causes me the same pain the OP is describing...lousy Jap seats. More time in the saddle seems to make things better.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts