GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under balmy weather, I cleaned up the Wing, then checked the tires. Knew I needed to replace them soon and found.......
No tread at all!

Too dangerous to ride the twisties, I called for new tires, backed the Wing into the garage.

But I did receive this in today's mail:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Sh!t Hot! Congratulations, John! :beer3:

:flg:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
January 3rd is going to be a great day, huh. Thanks for your service. :flg:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Congratulations, and thanks! :bow:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Another Congratulations and a BIG THANK YOU !
Enjoy your retirement, you earned it..... :flg:

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
Was retired on the 2nd day of January 2007

Back to the future! :shock:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
John,

Welcome to the Club. Hope that the auto deposit every month is as rewarding as mine is. Kind of like getting paid for what you did, after the fact.

If you take on some means of supplemental support, make sure it is doing something that you want to do, and will not infringe on your free time.

You have done your time. Your kids will just have to get used to bailing themselves out, with your love and affection in the background. (shhh don't tell the Mrs. that I said this, or I will have to deny it...LOL).

Hope that you are on or ready to head out on terminal leave. I took 60 days when I bailed.

You can leave the military, but the military will never leave you. People will look funny at you, as your life is yes & no, black & white. Most civilians expect a dance and an explanation when communicating...LOL

Good on ya and I hope that your future is bright and that the past will pave the way!

Bulldog (Ret Air Farce)

·
Registered
461 Posts
John
:yes1:, congrats and thanks for your service.
Rich K ( Wing Ski )

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Congrats on your retirement.

From me and my family, thank you for your service to our country.

Dep

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! Thanks, all. 20 years of music lessons paid off - spent most of my time in the 63rd Army Band. Glad I stayed in, as J&J does not provide dental coverage on retirement.

Next year, my wife & I will get full retirement cards and TriCare, which includes medical & dental. After 65, coverage becomes free.

Four times a year, retirees of the 63rd gather for lunch just to keep in touch.

Best moment: the band marched in D.C. for the dedication of The Wall for those who served and fell during VietNam.

Today: PGR to honor those who gave all.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:wink:

Congrats John,
Welcome to the "other side", now ya gotta make the list of stuff ya can do now that ya couldn't before. :wink:
#1 for me was the barber of all those years of bad haircuts got fired and wasn't get one for at least the first 3 years (done it check in the box).
#2 quit shavin' for at least 3-6 months (I'm still not) beard just keeps goin' gray but wife doesn't care. :roll: :lol:
I had the hardest time with the "civilian clothes" thing for work, havin' to coordinate what yer wearin' versus an airstrike was a 6 month trainin' period for me :lol:

Congrats and make sure all of them I's are dotted and T's crossed with the admin folks or the pay/Tricare/whatever else ya can think of will get ya. :roll: 8)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Congrats John,

Welcome to "The Club"!

Good old Uncle Sugar will be stuffing your mailbox with a check for hopefully a very long time!!!

(13 years and counting, for me) :D

Lance

·
Registered
477 Posts
ret af

congrats john, i retired in 88, still miss some things. sure like that rocking chair money though. i plan to ret again in about 2 yrs. and take a ride around the us of a for about 60 - 90 days. then i will see about sompin to make bike payment with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts