GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out the last 2 days with highs near 80. On the way home last night the "Siberian Express" hit and dropped the temp 20 degrees in 10 min.
There was freezing rain this A.M. with 1-3 in of ice and snow expected by mid afternoon. No ice studs on the tires. I think I will keep it parked in the garage for a while. BRRRR

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Yep it is colder than a well diggers arse on the north pole here in West Texas about 17 with a 25 to 30 mph wind. Think I will stay in and chase Momma around the house. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Damn Canadians and their cold air masses.. Why can't they keep those things to themselves.. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sure got cold all of a sudden here in AZ too. Luckily it's supposed to warm back up after today and it'll be back to around 70 this weekend. Should get some riding in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ALMOST feel guilty riding my new Goldwing with temps in the 60's and 70's. You can't get better riding weather than you find in Central Florida in the fall.

Today is my sixth day riding a Goldwing... WHAT A THRILL
:D

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
's OK. Just remember he has to turn from one road onto another to get any lean angle on it. I'll take the seasons here in East Tennessee with the roads we have available anytime over flat, straight, & boring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For those of you who think this weather front orignated in Canada had better check their weather map. It poped up out of your Texas back yard. The temp. here in Ottawa has been in the high 50's and low 60's and I was out riding yesterday without cold weather gear. That is all going to change in the next few hours when your Texas Weather Front hits this area and than we will start looking like Northern Texas, freezing rain, ice pellets and snow. We even have the flat land to go with it. Unfortately since this will be the first storm of the season no one will remember how to drive under those conditions and it will be a tow truckers dream. At least in Texas you should we back riding in less than a week but here that may not happen until March

·
Registered
113 Posts
Canadians

RE: Damn Canadians and their cold air masses.. Why can't they keep those things to themselves..

Whatcha talkin' 'bout? This morning it was 57 in Toronto. It's now 40 and going lower. And why? Because of the US of A, that's why. Check out:

http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPage/Lo ... odnav=none

It's all coming from you guys. We may have to send rabid beavers down there to eat your motorcycle tires (their favourite snack). So ya better be careful with whatcha say. :wink:

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
We call the cold the Alaskan tornado. It hit us here in Vancouver and dumped over 15 inches of snow. Believe me even the boarder couldnot stop this one. Glad to see you boys can now appreciate that limited time we have to ride up here due to the weather. It is currently minus 10 degrees celcius with the wind chill bringing it down to -20 to 30. Keep your American cold weather on your side of the boarder so we may keep warm. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I know what you mean K8KQD. Thank goodness we are able to get out in this horrible weather we have in FL.

Heck, I turned on the a/c when I got home today. It was 86 in the house.

Dep
:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts