GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WARNING! THIS WAS AN APRIL FOOL PRANK. MY BATTERY DID NOT GO DOWN AND MY BIKE REMOTE STARTED JUST LIKE ALWAYS!

First time the White Knight has let me down. I thought it would be running and all warmed-up for the 29F commute to work. But when I went out to the bike it was not running and the headlamps were dim. About 5 minutes earlier I had used the key fob code to remote start, it has always worked before. Why would the bike's system leave the head lamps on if it did not start?

prs

Reactions: cycledude

·
Vendor
22,069 Posts
So are you saying you used the emergency start procedure instead of the key fob to start it and then walked away? If so, my guess would be the engine hiccuped and died and so everything was left powered on and it drained the battery. Though I am a bit surprised the battery drained flat in only 5 minutes.

·
Registered
16,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No, not the emergency code, the one where 7 long taps, then 3 short, and 2 longs will remote start the bike from inside the house where it is nice and warm.

prs

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
I have 2014 and bob has 2015 when out in az it was 28 degrees when started bike both fired rite off and died in 3 seconds !! Fired back up and all was good . Maybe thats what yours did and being remote started you didnt know ?? Invest in small jump box !

·
Registered
16,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 2014 and bob has 2015 when out in az it was 28 degrees when started bike both fired rite off and died in 3 seconds !! Fired back up and all was good . Maybe thats what yours did and being remote started you didnt know ?? Invest in small jump box !
Unclejohn; how is jumping on a box going to help?

prs

·
Registered
471 Posts
No, not the emergency code, the one where 7 long taps, then 3 short, and 2 longs will remote start the bike from inside the house where it is nice and warm. prs
WHAT?
How did I miss this?
What are you tapping on, the big circular button?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Okay, I just tried starting my bike but the code that worked for me was the metal tag with only 8 digits.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmmm. I can not get either the 7 tap or the 4 tap methods to work at starting my 2018 1800 Tour. Also the manual link does not discuss anything about remote starting. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
April Fools Day post, right?:grin2::grin2:

·
Vendor
22,069 Posts
Hmmm. I can not get either the 7 tap or the 4 tap methods to work at starting my 2018 1800 Tour. Also the manual link does not discuss anything about remote starting. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You may have to try it several times before it works. It took me about 5 tries before it took.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts