GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
... I might add a heat sink to the metal casing but I can't complain about a $7 relay failing after 120k miles. ...
I am wary of the "$7" relays. My 2005 has an intermittent no crank issue and I plan to replace both relays just for drill (211K miles). But I am thinking OEM relays only.

Ron

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have some reservations myself about the relays, but you get what you pay for is sometimes exaggerated; too often these type things are all made in the same factory and the only difference is labeling and cosmetics. I've ordered many such components only to find they were factory direct parts and over runs that were not rebadged to represent a known equipment supplier So I have my fingers crossed and actually have 3 coming in the mail! I'll look them over closely and relate what I find in the comparison and if they don't serve me well I'll humble myself and fess up too! I am thinking of modifying the installation so I needn't pull the side bag should I have this issue again on a trip somewhere. I'm also going to disassemble and clean up the start switch that seems to have been the trouble to start with.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
All good again. Replaced both start relays (A& B) and she popped right off. Also put my new rear E-4 on and stored my darkside wheel for the now fall a month from now or heavy trailer hauling trip. Not sure its for me but a few hundred miles and it started feeling normal to me. Thanks for everyone's input and ideas, as usual this forum is awesome.

Reactions: Pricejh61
21 - 24 of 24 Posts