GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new '08 last month from a dealership in Florida. Upon getting it home I discovered I wasn't given a warranty booklet (which, according to manual is given by dealer upon purchase). I call the salesman he said he would send me one along with a missing side cover groumet (assume it was lost on showroom floor as the bike had been in the showroom for a few weeks before I bought it). More than two weeks pass and nothing comes. I call today and salesman states I wasn't supposed to get one - he had read the manual cover to cover and saw nothing about it and further it comes from Honda after the bike is titled. I asked about the groumet (wondering how come he couldn't have sent it when he said he would). He said he would send me one today. I told him I apologize if I misread the owner's manual stating that the dealer is supposed to have them. Got it out and reread and called him back and told him to read page 249. He said "Yeah, I see it now", but still knows nothing about it. I call Honda National Support # and they ask for VIN and said they would mail me one. Also said that the dealer WAS DEFINATELY supposed to gave me one. Also said that a warranty registeration card was no longer necessary. Probably making a big deal out of nothing as I have already downloaded what I think was a warranty booklet anyway but thought after plucking down about $14,000 and keys to my old bike least I deserved was a phone call after 2.5 weeks. ANYBODY ELSE NOT GET A WARRANTY BOOKLET AT TIME OF PURCHASE?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Sales at my local dealer didn't know squat about a warranty book. However, the sales manager passed me to the finance manager and he had a stash of them in his office and mailed me one. Sales guy kept insisting I didn't need the warranty book, that they, the dealer, or Honda would know what was covered based on the work being done. That wasn't good enough for me and I pressed for a book and got it.

·
Curious Member
877 Posts
Back in 2001 I also had to ask for the warranty book. Got it and found out why they didn't bother to put it in the bike.
It would be simpler for Honda to put the warranty information in the Owner's Manual, there must be a blank half page.
:nojoke:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Warr Book

RED RON

Picked up my 2008 last August.

Got my warrenty book, a Honda VIP Card that allows me 20 % off all items i buy at the dealer.
I also recived a Honda card with all numbers associated with the warrenty / road side assistance .
My dealer also sat me down and went over the process and how it works and i received a confirmation form that my bike was registered.
txs, F

1 - 9 of 9 Posts