GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sorry to have to say this but the ride has been put on hold till 2012

i have gotten some umtimely medical bills"nothing bad"that have set back my next wing a few months,,,i was cutting it very close as it was and i dont want to cancel 1 week before as of all the folks that voiced interest in doing this ride!

Trust me that this hurts me more than it does you as its been 6 yrs,,but i need to do this right and get my bills paid off first.

This ride will happen in 2012,now have to figure out spring or fall?

Again sorry for getting your hopes up and have a great riding yr!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok a bad news bump:-(

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
MAN this sucks!

But you have to do what makes it right for YOU!

You'll feel better without the baggage anyway.:yes1:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it would suck for the day to come and im bikeless,lol

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Yellow Wolf,

When a riding buddy and I rode the Tail of the Dragon and took a break at Deals Gap in May someone told my riding buddy that the record for the fastest ride time through the Tail of the Dragon is held by "a guy on a Goldwing."

Is that true? Is it you who holds the record?

If so, what is you time?

I apologize for stealing your thread.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yellow Wolf,

When a riding buddy and I rode the Tail of the Dragon and took a break at Deals Gap in May someone told my riding buddy that the record for the fastest ride time through the Tail of the Dragon is held by "a guy on a Goldwing."

Is that true? Is it you who holds the record?

If so, what is you time?

I apologize for stealing your thread.
it is NOT true

the fastest guys are 8.5-9 min
my best is 11:30
timed from store to overlook or overlook to store
im the fastest wing there as far as i know

im not sure there is one"fastest rider" there right now

i have the only standing record there for my 24 hr ride

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad I asked. That sounds very fast to me on a big touring bike.

11 minutes and 30 seconds is probably about 30 minutes less than it took me to ride through.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Ric, to bad bud! I know you were looking forward to it! That just write bike may have had a delay meeting up with you. More time to find it:thumbup:

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
I don't know the exact distance through the gap, but we always hear eleven (11) miles. If you did it in 11:30 that means you had to average around 60mph. To average 60mph you had to really be smokin. Very impressive indeed.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Rick,
Sorry to hear this BUT you need to do what YOU need to do and NOT worry about US. I am in for whenever just as long as I can get some notice.
Ride Safe,
Eddie

·
Registered
581 Posts
Let me guess, the next wing will be a yellow one?
11:30, from overlook to store, is that 11 miles or less. When I rode it seemed like less.
Is that the dam overlook? :popcorn:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let me guess, the next wing will be a yellow one?
11:30, from overlook to store, is that 11 miles or less. When I rode it seemed like less.
Is that the dam overlook? :popcorn:
store to overlook is 9.5 miles

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Maybe I can swing a ride with ya Yellow Wolf in 2012. 11.3 hu. Not to self bring stop watch with me in June ;). Gotta see how far behind you I am.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
On my wife's and my first trip to the Dragon, we saw this crazy guy on a yellow goldwing flying down the dragon. If my memory is correct you were filming other bikers that wanted a film of their trip down the Dragon. You were very impressive, I came home and told people about you.

You deserve another Goldwing, anybody that can ride the curves like that.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
You know.... you could still have the get together and share your knowlede and you could still do the cornering challenge.

Btw... the left hander right after mud corner is a perfect spot to drag your fingers! He he he

I will say it never ceases to amaze me how the first run of a trip up there varies from the last run. Last couple of days found my rear tire getting quite hot. Hurry up and get another wing already! Sheesh.

All fun and games aside... took balls to cancel the event and postpone what you wanted to do. I respect that.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Smart and mature. Let us know when and we will be there....

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm looking forward to it whenever it's right for you. :yes1:
Thanks for your willingness to share.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts