GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the old board there were postings regarding noise cancelling mikes. Would like to try one if they work. Can anyone provide a link to a source?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If you have a headset from one of the major makers, you already have a noise cancelling microphone, that's one reason why it's important to "close talk" the mic, the mic should be almost touching your lips.

A regular microphone would be almost useless on a motorcycle due to the background noise.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have had the Air Rider set for years.
Zero wind noise even with the small foam.
The one I have has a 9 volt battery in line.
Just ordered a new one for my new helmet. It should be here in a day or 2.
I'll let you know how it works as I understand there is no longer a battery involved.
TR

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ted in ncal said:
On the old board there were postings regarding noise cancelling mikes. Would like to try one if they work. Can anyone provide a link to a source?
I just got the chatterbox for my wife and me. They have dynamic noise reduction mics. As an intercom they are damned fine. At a little above half volume the bass freq. drops off a little but still quite good considering all the other other noise going on in an open-face helmet.

http://www.mc-accessories.com/ChatterboxCBHeadset.htm

Best price I have found, quick delivery, all usual disclaimers etc etc, very happy with dealer and headset. Well, except when my wife has her mic sideways <sigh>. I put a cable-tie around the windsock with the lump facing out, so she knows where to point the thing. It was excellent today.

FTW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts