GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SO and I took a ride today for the first time on the new '07 and I noticed a clicking noise coming through the Intercom system. This only happens when her (rear) helmet is connected to the Intercom and the Intercom is turned on. If I unplug her helmet, the clicking stops. If both helmets are plugged in, and I turn off the Intercom, the clicking stops. This occurs with the satellite radio or regular AM/FM radio turned on. Any suggestions? Never noticed this on my '05

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thats odd no noise on my 07 Ultra....oooops wrong board. Kidding aside, I remember hearing about a FIX Honda had for this...might have been on this board

Giz

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
That trouble maker Jan Kokochak :wink: :wink:

posted something about a wire harness Honda designed for a noise problem in the intercom on the 2007 .... IF I remember correctly

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
BB05, Jan's problem may have been caused by having the airbag model. You didn't say if you have the airbag or not?
Shadow1
Hal

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
BigBird05,

You made no mention of helmet cords. Did you also swap them.

You said intercom noise, but you mentioned sat radio and AM/FM. What happens if you turn the radio(s) off ? If radio on, and switched to external loudspeakers ?

Do you have a CB and if so what state was it in with the noise present ?

Is the noise present with the engine off or bike at idle ?

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No CB is installed. I do have a Satellite radio and get the noise whether it is off, on or even unplugged from the harness under the left fairing pocket.

I did try swapping cords, but no change. Also tried both helmet/headsets, no change.

Not sure about the sound with engine off, let me try that and re-post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts