GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine recently picked up an 02 Wing at the local dealers. He is experiencing noise, from horn, reverse, and other things through his headsets. The previous owner, had several "extra" things installed on this bike before sellilng it, and removed them, leaviing excess wiring in place. When we installed the CB, we removed the excess wiring and installed per instructions. Now we have the noise. My first thought, is a bad filter, but am unsure how to check it, short of buying a new one and just doing a substitution change.... I know there are three, but can anyone point us toward a specific one???

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had lots of problems with noise in the intercom system. Installed all the "fixes", but the problem really went away when the mechanic reinstalled the harness going into the radio. He found this out when he was doing some work under the shelter and put things back to find that the radio was stuck on one station. He took it apart and reinstalled the radio harness into the radio. All my noise problems went away. I believe that all the problem were due to a loose connection in this connection

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I should add

First of all.....Thanks for your reply, But let me add, all his noise seems to be "Feedback" or interference when he initiates some other electrical unit, such as reverse, horn, etc... Was this your case, or did you experience constant noise???

·
Registered
60 Posts
We started out with alternator noise, installed Honda's Noise Reduction Kit, and then developed noise from the cruise control, spent 6 hrs. with Honda Tech Rep., fixed that problem with moving the Kit to the left side of the bike to move it away from the control box. Still had alternator noise, horn noise and lots of static in the intercom. Reinstalling the plug in the radio fixed all noise problems. Quiet as can be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts