GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I have one and if I lost it today, I'd buy another. I added the Edsets and I am satisfied with the package. Some complain about noise, but I haven't found it to be problem.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Al,
Doug and I had Nolans before changing to full face and the VFRs. We loved them and had no problems with them at all. We also had the speakers put in and they were pretty quiet as far as flip face helmets go. If we went back to flip face helmets we would most likely go back to the Nolan 102s.

Becky

·
Registered
906 Posts
mines awsome everybody in the club thinks there sweet!!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I wanted one but when I went to the Helmet Shop in Daytona, their XXL didn't fit my head. They aren't offered in XXXL size. I bought an HJC SyMax in XXL and it fits fine. I'm glad that I didn't order over the internet just to find that it doesn't fit me.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
blinkin357 said:
I wanted one but when I went to the Helmet Shop in Daytona
Question:
Where is the "Helmet Shop in Daytona"?

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
847 Posts
FLC2C_Cruzn'AL said:
I need a new helmet...Nolan 102 opinions???
I bought one and what I've read about them is true they are hot, they fog very easy, and are quite. Would I buy another yes.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Have one also with the EdSets. Will buy another when I need one for the pax.
No regrets at all!!!!!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I got one for the wifey. She likes it very well. I did quite a bit of research on them, and outside of paying $500.00 for one( and maybe inside of paying $500 for one?) this was the best one IMO. The mechanisms are well built, and the quick release chin strap if nice. I think Iwill get one pretty soon. I just put Edsets in it ( and mine) and that was a snap. Haven't used themj on a ride yet.....maybe this weekend.
Plus they look cool 8)

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
WARNING: Slightly off the subject....

You owe it to yourself to try one of these:

I just bought one and I'm very impressed (I don't say that lightly).
Click on Scorpion for details.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi...my wife and I bought new N100's at Americade last year and we love them...very comfortable, nice to be able to open them in the hot weather, and we had J&M headsets installed in them and the sound inside is awesome...so I would assume the 102's would be even better....ride safe...

Scott

·
Registered
607 Posts
I recently bought one for the back seat and have found it the best way to cut down on the 1800's wind noise.
One question though; has anyone found a way to attach the helmet to the helmet lock under the trunk? :?:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
My wife and I both have the Nolan 102 helmets. I like the N 102 flip face shield very much.

I will need a new one in a year or so, and it will be another Nolan. There have been a few changes in the last few years.

Mine is now 3 years old and I will upgrade to the latest and greatest.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
wing ryder said:
I recently bought one for the back seat and have found it the best way to cut down on the 1800's wind noise.
One question though; has anyone found a way to attach the helmet to the helmet lock under the trunk? :?:
Yes, you just have to take the strap where it is doubled up near the end by the latch piece and slip it over the loop on the bike. It's a bit tight but will work. The strap where it is doubled makes a loop if you get hold of both pieces and pull them apart a bit. Works fine after you do it a time of two.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
wing ryder said:
...has anyone found a way to attach the helmet to the helmet lock under the trunk? :?:
Click the pic:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Rastoff said:
wing ryder said:
...has anyone found a way to attach the helmet to the helmet lock under the trunk? :?:
Click the pic:
This style of extension will fit through the buckle/latch mechanism on the Nolans allowing you to easily lock them using the Wing helmet locks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts