GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a Nolan 103 for a year and a half now, and still have no idea how to use my J&M headset mic. Putting the mic inside the chin portion of the helmet seems uncomfortable to me and having it on the outside the helmet doesn't work well for communicating.

I was wondering if any 103 owners have any ideas on how to position the mic.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I've had 2 N-102s and had the same problem.

I figured out where my mouth was on the unside of the chin piece then took an exacto knife and cut out the plastic and foam in that area just big enough for the mic to fit in there.

I just close the chin piece, then use my lips or a finger to put the mic inside the cavity. Works just fine.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
I figured out where my mouth was on the unside of the chin piece then took an exacto knife and cut out the plastic and foam in that area just big enough for the mic to fit in there.
:thumbup::agree:

You can also use a soldering iron to carefully burn out the styro foam to give a cleaner/smoother fit.

After a while, you'll get pretty adept at moving the mic into the cutout with your mouth as you pull the chin-bar down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts