GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the mood to purchase a modular helmet and have settled on the nolan 103. Although i find it a bit heavy i am willing to accept that. Now my question to the vast knowledgeable people out there. Which head set and which would be easiet to install. I am leaning to ED SETS as it appear the vast majority like this set.
I have looked at Sierra Electronics and i can purchase the helmet and head set from them installed.
Is that the best way to go?
So i am open for ideas and the best way to go. Majority will rule.

Thanks a lot :excited:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Got 2 Nolan 103's and two Edsets, Like them. Go for it and see you out here.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I have the Nolan 102 N-COM and J&M makes a head set just for that helmet, fits great and sounds great also. I had an Edset in this helmet when I got it but didn't like the way the cord dangled out from the bottom. The J & M hooks up in the cavity on the side of the helmet and you don't have to worry about it breakin.
http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HS-ICD584-N103&PF=8

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Which head set and which would be easiest to install. I am leaning to ED SETS as it appear the vast majority like this set.
I have looked at Sierra Electronics and i can purchase the helmet and head set from them installed.
I just purchased a pair of 103's from Sierra with J&M Elites installed. A couple of things to consider.

The J&M 584 headset has a version specifically designed for the Nolan 103, with thinner speakers..., make sure you get that one, and not the regular 584.

You may find a problem with the mic, as it seems to get jammed up into your mouth or cheek when the helmet chin-bar is down. Right now I'm trying to sort out the best way to deal with this problem, as it seems to be fairly common, not only with the Nolan helmets, but with other modular helmets too. I dont know if any other make of headset/mic resolves this problem.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mic problem with HJC SymaxII

I have the same problem - mic too close - with the SymaxII. The only fix I found was to position the mic just above my mouth and as far forward as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts