GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Received a Nolan helmet for Xmas and ordered the basic kit, included the speakers and mic. Also got the media wire. Had no problem putting the basic kit in the helmet but when I plug in the Ipod I get nothing. Everything seems right but nothing comes threw the speakers. I'm I doing something wrong or missing something?
Thanks in advance,
Spike

·
Registered
466 Posts
Double-check all connections. It's possible that you may have a simple connection problem.

I'm not sure if you're running the iPod directly to the helmet or the iPod through the aux input on the audio system. If you're running it through the audio system and you can hear FM and other functions well, I'd check the connection to the iPod and the aux cable to the audio system. It may be that the audio cable is either defective or disconnected.

Is it possible that the volume on the iPod is too low or there isn't enough volume to make the speakers audible?

Can you use another source and see if that fixes the problem?

If not, can you borrow another cable to see if that's the problem?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, you need the basic kit and either the bluetooth kit or the intercom kit. The latter 2 kits should include the switches on the outside of the helmet and the battery that the basic kit needs to work.

The requirement of the battery even for the wired kit is the reason that I'm leaning toward putting in the J&M rather than the N-com.

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
We have N102 helmets. No electronic 'box' or battery installed. Helmets can listen to bike or to I-pod as described above. If I recall correctly there is a small circuit board like piece which needs to be installed under the cover where the 'electronics' can be installed -- it acts as a jumper to complete the connections.

With this set-up you will not be able to 'talk', but only 'listen'.

When we got the helmets, one was being used connected to the wing system and the other used on another bike to listen to an I-pod.

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Almost forgot. I also believe there is an issue with the diameter and type of connectors used by the helmet plugs, the media cables and the Ipod or bike connections.

I will try and have better info tomorrow if you are still having trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts