GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at the Nolan N-41 Helmet, looks like an ideal helmet, shield down for protection or up if you don't want to use the shield. Has anyone had experiences with these and how do you like them. TIA

·
Registered
136 Posts
Rackets, I had the Nolan b4 I wrecked my Valkyrie. It took a good hit on block top and held up fairly well. Would I buy another one (NO). After 2yrs the lining was starting to fall apart. I liked the concept of the shield but in the up position it blocked the air intakes. It's NOT SNELL approved. I opted for the HJC AC3. Shield flips up, doesn't block the air intakes, has speaker pockets, has a removable liner for washing, is SNELL approved.
Randy
Concord, NC

·
Registered
652 Posts
Have to agree with the above post.
2 years and the linning was gone.
With the shield up I still found myself looking through it so took it off.
Love my new HJC AC3
TR

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wife and I both have them, on the shelf in the garage. We could never break them in, both of use got to many hot spots/ pressure points and just where not comfortable. I like the idea of the built in sun vision and the flip up shield but the shield doesn't come up far enough to clear your line of sight. We have gone to HJC AC3 helmets; this is a great helmet for the money. You can get a flip up shield that replaces the sun visor, real quick change over. Wife rides with the shield all the time, she says she gets less head buffering with out the sun visor. You can get the AC3 on the web for less than 100.00.

Panther

·
Registered
605 Posts
Who makes the HJC AC# helmet? I was looking at the Noland today...from what you guys said maybe not a great idea. Do they have a web site??
TIA

Dick

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well... we bought a pair of Nolan N41's at Wing Ding last summer and we like them. For us they are a real good fit and very comfortable. Flip-down visor is great. I applied a strip of sun-block film (static cling) to the bottom edge of my visor as almost always ride with it up. This 2" strip serves as a great sun visor with the shield up. Like an extended peek on the built-in visor.

I also wear a do-rag on my head when wearing the helmet. Perhaps that is why the lining in my helmet is like brand new after one season.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bought a Nolan N100E from J&M with the headset. Seems like it fits OK but cannot wear it long because of the pain. Not much padding in the front of the helmet, actually where it hurts my head there is none! I could not have determined how it would wear over time by just trying it on. I would not by another Nolan based on my experience. I’m out some $450 or $500 and don’t think I’ll wear it much.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I bought a Nolan 2 years ago; took it back to dealer. The plastic used in the sheild seemed cheap and they didn't polish the edges and the injection teets. Fogged worse than a mosquito spray truck! Was not impressed at all. Replaced it with an HJC Symax-great helmet for the money. ALso have a Shoei RJ Air and two Arai's. Only have one head, though-go figure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts