Registered
19,323 Posts
There are two helmet holders stock on the bottom of the trunk

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two helmet holders stock on the bottom of the trunk
I know that is what I use to use when my helmet had a "D" ring ... Nolan uses a clamp type strap.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I added a round split type key ring to our Nolans. It is not a solid ring like the d rings but it would take someone some time to get it off the trunk lock and helmet. Goodluck,,Rick
how did you attach to the strap?

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
bought a trailer...:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Without a doubt, the air rider extender strips are the way to go. They fit throughow the helmet fastener, easily attach to the bike's two catches below the trunk. I have used mine for years.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Air Rider has a helmet holder that goes through the chinstrap lock so you can lock it on the bike
That's the ticket. We have two Nolan helmets, the holder goes through the fastener, locks perfectly! I also bought two helmet bags (just nylon) with slots to slip through if there is a little humidity in the air...

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yes, there is a 'skinny' t-lock similar to the regular helmet lock attachments that fit through the d-rings. It's made by Nolan and has their name on one side. The down-side is their not chromed just plated with something. They may be stainless, thats how they look anyway. I was turned on to them by my honda parts guy. I didn't even know they existed.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
The right side strap is a loop that fits right over the strap lock on the bike. Works perfect!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I used the Air Rider "Narrow" helmet hanger extensions before I triked...here is a link to them...

they slide thru the red clip....then hang on the bottom of the trunk...

http://www.airrider.com/store/product.php?id=458
Thanks! You've solved 2 quandaries of mine at once. :bow: First, how to hang these new Nolan lids. And B), what are those hangy-down thingies I've been seeing on the back of some Wings. I was thinking that they might somehow be related to the ride bells that some cruisers are big on. :oops: Now I find out that the answer is more mundane, but much more practical.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
When I lock it I use a set of handcuffs and lock it to the handholds for the passenger.

·
The Boss
1,289 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I use the t straps that have a motorcycle shape on them, they were narrow enough to go thru the strap locking machanism. Think I got them at wingstuff couple years ago

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nolan Helmet Hanger

I know at least one manufactorer is making the helmet hangars a bit thinner now so they fit though the Nolan racket connection. Sorry don't know the name of the manufactorer.

I went to the hardware store and got a couple of T brackets. They have holds in them for screws which work great to hang on the under trunk connector. They are a bit wider and longer than you really need but you can use a bench grinder to shape them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts