GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaning towards these as replacements for old Shoei 700's. Any input, positive or negative, would be appreciated. Thanks! Jim

·
Registered
328 Posts
I bought two; one for me and the other for my riding partner. Installed the Edsets NVader speakers and mics. The visor system allows as much air as needed as well as shielding the sun. I bounced mine across the garage floor and it did not have a mark on it. (Not on purpose) The bright yellow color we choose really shows up to other drivers who are not comatose. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
35 Posts
n102

I've been using one for about 6000 miles now and really like it, much quieter than the the arai quantum f it replaced, I can get away with not wearing ear plugs with this one, something I've not been able to get away with on any of my previous helmets. The physical outside dimension is rather large when compared to helmets of the same size (makes your head look huge) but this overall thickness of the foam and padding probably contribute to the quietness.
Pete.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. Can you tell me what the following might mean and is it anything to affect a buying decision? Quote:The only thing we can find wrong with this helmet is that it is missing extra side plates. You will receive the ones shown on helmet.

What are side plates and why would one want extras? Thanks again! Jim

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I've got 18k on mine and love it. I had a 100 before and a SHOE SYNCROTEC before that. This 102 fits the best of all and the one hand control works just fine.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have the N102 and also installed the EdSets. If you are normally ride with a fullface the N102 is a little louder in my opinion. I like the visor,saves from putting on sun glasses, and if you need a little breeze it's nice to lift the chin guard.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Managed to test mine for around 20,000 miles since I got it in February (not easy, living here in Alaska :lol: ) and really like it. That said, this is my 5th or 6th Nolan in the 100 series, so I knew it would fit my pointy head. If your head is a Nolan shape, you'll probably like it.
Did find, riding distances in rain, that it does better with the visor off - about a 5 second job if you practice twice. Otherwise it seems to suck rain down the back side of the faceshield, although my windshield position could also be a factor in that.
In bright sun the visor is handy, and even though I always have a dark smoke shield with me, when riding toward the setting sun on the horizon I used both so I could see without trouble.
The latch is easy to use one-handed with either hand. Beats the left-sided one on the N100E and the piece of string I installed on the earlier N100's. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts