GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchaed a Nolan Trillogy N-42 with IMC coms for a nice price of $320.00 at the Ding. My question is, do you have one and what do you think about the features and noise levels in the helmet? I love the features and the looks and just wanted some other opinions before I make recommendations to my riding group. I really wanted the shark but the cost fo the helmet and coms was toomuch for the budget, and the fact no Red available in the US made it easy for me.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just got a Nolan N-43 trilogy helmet, first ride was Sunday about 250 miles, like it so far, kind of loud but I am used to a 3/4 helmet. Face shield is very clear, I like the weight, I like the versatility, can ride with shield up or down, and with the shades up or down. I have not put the chin bar on yet, don't know if it will help keep the cold off my chin or not.:roll: Overall I think it is a keeper. I to looked at the Shark EVO but it was out of my price range also. Got mine from Wingstuff for $239.00 and transferred my EDSETS to it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've had the N-43 Trilogy helmet for the last 2 months, and rode 2k with it. It is a very loud helmet, and I say this cause I went from a 3/4 nolan to this and the 3/4 was way quieter, I now ride with ear plugs. Also I'm having a problem with the air vents not completely shutting off the air, so in cold weather it sucks to get that cold blast down the back of your head. Otherwise I love the view through the face shield almost as good as the 3/4.
Bill

·
Registered
752 Posts
I purchaed a Nolan Trillogy N-42 with IMC coms for a nice price of $320.00 at the Ding. My question is, do you have one and what do you think about the features and noise levels in the helmet? I love the features and the looks and just wanted some other opinions before I make recommendations to my riding group. I really wanted the shark but the cost fo the helmet and coms was toomuch for the budget, and the fact no Red available in the US made it easy for me.

Thoughts?
I had the N-43 Trilogy and hated it. When used as a full face helmet (the only way I ride) the thing would fog up instantly in any temp below 80 degrees and there was no way to only open the face shield a tiny bit for ventilation to clear the fog. The chinbar banged my chin and the whole thing was very noisy. I disliked the neck strap latching mechanism - too used to the old style, I guess. I was glad to sell it. But, as they say, your mileage may vary...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm glad it's not me and others have experienced the sound issues. This is a loud helmet compared to my KBC Tour -com. I guess I'm stuck with it now since the shark is not available in my color, and really I can not justify the cost. Thanks for the feedback.

Ride safe

Joe

·
Banned
1,477 Posts
I bought an N-43 Trilogy "air" (European model) to wear while riding my dual sport.
Pro's: light, versatile, easy to clean, great ventilation
Con's: loud and fogs way too easily, as Zippo states, no variable positioning of the face shield, either full open or full closed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have found the trillogy for under $150.00/WO the coms. The cist of the helmet is the installed coms, next time I will do it myself and save $50.00. Other than that its a decent helmet, still loud compared to my KBC 3/4, but still decent.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bought the N-43 Trilogy with the Elite headset installed from Sierra Electronics. The N-43 was $230.00 and they installed the headset for $15.00 I do not recall the price of the Elite. The problem with my helmet is the chip strap was to short, had to cut the fold open on the end to make it longer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The fogging can be cured with the pin lock face shield. I have one and so does my buddy. He loves his. He's eyes are sensitive to light. So we got the tinted faceshield to go with inside tinted goggles. I don't like mine. I miss the ability to tilt up faceshield. I tried cutting long slots in faceshield with dremel. Not the same.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I was considering an N-43. How does the noise compare without the chin bar? I noticed on my wife's N-43 that shield does not not contact the gasket with the chin bar in place, at least along the sides.

Pete

·
Registered
674 Posts
I bought a N-43 AIR (the european version) and LOVE it

it is the coolest helmet I have ever owned due to the increased air flow.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I bought a N-43 AIR (the european version) and LOVE it

it is the coolest helmet I have ever owned due to the increased air flow.

You do know (or do now) that helment is NOT DOT legal!!!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wife and I've had Trilogy helmets with J&M headsets for about a year and a half and we really like 'em. At first mine would cause a bit of headache from a pressure point on the front after about 4 hours, but after we'd put about 4k miles on 'em that went away. The ONLY thing I don't like about 'em is there is no way to "crack" the faceshield open just a bit, it's either open or closed. With that said, on the Wing with the windshield all the way down, I can open the faceshield on the Trilogy all the way and NOT have it catch air or cause any problems. I LOVE the wide eyeport-very good peripheral vision!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts