GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a Nolan N-Com MCS 2 (basic setup) looking for input on the quality and anyother information.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Can't comment on that particular unit, however I had the N-com in my N-103 and for a first generation system it worked well and customer service was second to none IMO. The only faults I found with it was you still needed a cord to the bike for anything other than intercom and battery life was a bit short as the wife and I often were on the road up to 12 hours a day. I solved the battery problem by getting a 12V charger and also a 12V outlet with a 6 inch cord that had a Gerbing style plug from Powerlet and strapped it to the grab handle with Velcro and then just plugged it into my Gerbing outlet. If it was cold I used a Y cord and then the wife could plug the charger into either helmet on the fly and in the event of a get off the plug just popped out.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I don't have that particular one either I have the Nolan B4+ kits, and is very satisfied with them. They are very well made, good sound quality and range and pretty easy to use. My wife, son, and I have had them for about a year and haven't had any issues. I have been impressed with Nolan's overall quality but can't speak to the unit you specified.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks everyone, but he went a different direction, he ordered his helmet and headset from J&M headset. All installed before shipping.

My wife's new helmet came in today after a quick look for to install the J&M headset I decided to send everything to J&M for them to install everything. So in about a week she will be ready to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts