GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i called nolan and the helmet and N-com kits will be available in november,the helmet sells for 315.00 ad the basic N-com kit is 99.00 they dont have a price on the cables yet.,all i want is to talk to my wife,,no cell phone etc etc,,this is what ive been waiting for,,for gadget lovers the other kits are more money.yeehaaaaw,now i dont have to but the butt ugly chattterbox..they are 8 track technology..now if a chinese company will make the new ones the price would drop to 19.99 oh yah,i forgot,,for you dogooders that whine about my punctuation,capitilizing etc..i hope this gave you a burning headache..i r not as edumkated lik u rr.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
So have you not noticed your intercomm on your wing? :)
Or, are you just looking for another less expensive alternative? I guess the N-com if fine, but you give up all the other advantages of the wing intercomm system, and the portability of the other headsets available.

Of course there is a chance your not talking about a wing and don't have access to the intercomm on it?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nolan

too many peopel have complained about the honda setup,plus i want a flip up helmet..2003 wing owners complain about a humm in the honda intercomm,i dont want to go thru the trouble,and lots of complaints on the plug in connections..the nolan only has one cable to the passenger and that is it..ive paid 320.00 for my helmets so 400 with the N-COM isnt too bad

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Well, I just bought a N102....I think pre N-com...it's the wife's and I don't remember seeing it on there....the pocket I mean, and a N42 open face with N-com capable..not with the actual N-com. I actually expect it later this week so haven't senit yet. So with two around here I'm interested on what develops with yours. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nolan info

call 1 866 243 5638 they will mail you a brochure that tell,s it all..and that is nolan direct where they will be selling the components..

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hmmmm...the wide and I each have Nolan X1002 helmets with J&M headsets....the intercom works just fine, no hum at all....so does the XM radio, AM/FM, iPod etc.

Have no idea why one would buy another intercom unitsince the one on my 005 Wing works just dandy.

I wonder if it is the quality of the headset that is critical...we have the J&M Elite 477 ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts