GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to secure the Nolan helmets with the quick release chin strap to the helmet locks on the 06 Goldwing?
LT.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have of this on an earlier link, they mentioned putting a ring, like key ring thru one of the ends to be able to have the hook hold the helmet. Some mentioned about using sodder(spelling?) to secure it from sticky fingers. If they are that sticky, they would probably cut the strap too.
Thinking of getting one of the N102 also. Any drawbacks?
Bob D.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I have heard of poeple getting the Helmet Lock extenders:

and sliding one through the flat receiver end and then hooking it on the Helmet Hook on the bike.

I see that the picture I choose has the gromets in the ends. They may not fit through the receiver end. Others without the gromets may.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have the nolan , and hook it through the strap loop at the clasp

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have an 06 and Nolan N42. I use extenders much like the ones pictured above. I had to take the gromet's off. The extension slides in to and out of the helmet lock assy. Lift the red tab and it slides right out. You may have to look around but try to get the ones that are long it makes it easier to hang and remove. Beaware some are too thick and too wide to fit through the Nolan latch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts