GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the Nolan N41 (N40) helmet? Seems like a great idea for a 3/4 helmet with a shield and visor. Looked for them at the NYC show, but didn't find them.

Thanks for any info.

:blw1:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes I do. My wife and I have been wearing them for years and really like them. We think that they are the next best thing to a full coverage helmet. We pull a trailer and always carry them along with us so we can shift into them after we arrive at a destination. I also wear the N40 for all my local and around town riding.

Harvey

·
Registered
94 Posts
The helmet is of good quality. I bought mine thinking I could ride with the shield in the up position and pull it down when it rained. I at first thought I would shade the exposed portion of the shield and use it as additional visor because their visor is a little undersized. I could never figure out an easy way to do it. I then tried the dark visor but both the dark visor and the clear visor are in my field of vision and irritate me when I ride. I guess it will just take some getting used to. I could saw off an inch of the visor but this might reduce its effectiveness as a rain blocker. Maybe someone else has a better solution.

·
Registered
136 Posts
HELMET

Ed, I had one for a while. The concept is great, their quality isn't as great.
They are not Snell certified. In mine the lining was coming apart after a year. I recently bought a HJC AC3. Same concept has a flip shield, pre manufactured for speakers, Snell certified, I think the air system works better, the inner lining snaps out for cleaning, it's also lightweight and costs about the same. On mine I mounted the flip shield and went to Walmart and bought a window sun screen, cut it to size, and now when the shield is up I have great sunvisor.
Randy F.
Concord,NC

·
Registered
30 Posts
The visor didn't work well for me so I removed it and just used black electrical tape to make a visor on the shield itself and that worked well. It is a bit difficult to install speakers. I had to do some foam cutting to locate the speakers in the proper place.

Harvey

·
Registered
652 Posts
Does the HJC AC3 allow for the peak and shield to be used at the same time? With the shield up is it still in your line of vision?
Found with the Nolan had to take the sheild off to ride with it up.
TR

·
Registered
287 Posts
The N41 Helmet is a good helmet I wear it all the time. I find the full face helmet very claustrophobic. Different folks for different strokes etc. You can have a look at them at http://www.customlids.co.uk/ There are four different kinds of the N41. :wink: :lol: :) :p :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts