GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if anybody makes a non helmet headset that just fits on your head with a Mic thats plugs in and works on the intercom system.

·
Registered
567 Posts
i've seen one advertised in the back or gwrra wing world. or you can take a regular helmet headset and a pair hearing protectors (like those used for shooting), screw the mic bracket to the hard shell of one ear cover, and insert the headphones into the cavities of bothear covers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had the same problem. Bought a set of the IMC ones but they cut the top of your ear after a short time and were very uncomfortable. I ended up building my own. After a lot of research of what works on a Valkyrie Interstate I found a combination that works for me. Very comfortable and very hi fidelity (much better than any helmet set I have ever found). Same system works on Valk Interstate and my new wing. The only drawback is the wind noise in the passenger mic. This is the same with every system that is available. I supply them with a large windsock and found that if you put a mic shield over the windsock it also helps.

I can email a picture to you if interrested.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
ddking said:
http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IMC%2DHS%2DG45
I think this is the one that I got at the Martial Rally and it works great they didn't have the Warning about the Icom then, but it does work, just noisy that is what the ON/OFF is for on the Icom. I did the Band-Aid trick and the rubber glove finger trick at the same time and it helped immensely with the wind noise, but mostly just keep the Icom OFF and if the wife wants to tell me something she just Wacks me on the back of the head and I turn it on, or lean back to see what she wants.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts