GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Non-Sportbike" On-Track Training Day
Tuesday August 19
Thompson Speedway (map: https://goo.gl/maps/y3qJZ)
Thompson, CT

Tony's Track Days has graciously created a day of On-Track Instruction geared toward Street Riders. If you have been a little hesitant to do a track day then this is for you. Riders will be broken down into 3 groups: cruisers, tourers, and sport tourers. Please read the notes on gear. You need a full face or modular helmet, motorcycle jacket and pants (no chaps). Gloves and boots should overlap the jacket and pants so no skin is exposed when you are in the riding position.

I will definitely be attending. I hope that you can join me. This is a great learning opportunity plus it is an absolute blast. Close your eyes and picture coming around a curve and entering a long straight with no cars, no obstacles, no enforcement, and no speed limit. Go at your own pace, get lots of classroom instruction, and work on the tips you are given on the same curves lap after lap.

Link to the event on Tony's Track Days: http://www.tonystrackdays.com/category/9284/non-and-sportbike-on-and-track-training-day.htm

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The requirements for this track day are relaxed. Unlike a sport bike track day, this is all you have to do:

TECH INSPECTION: For this day, we only want bikes that are in excellent road worthy condition with plenty of tire life remaining. There can be no leaking of any fluids - be sure to check your fork tubes! We will also be checking brake pads so be sure to have plenty of pad left. Riders will need to disable or tape over their brake light with blue painters tape. You do not need to disable your headlight or turn signals. You do need to cover your headlight and/or turn signals with blue painters tape if they are glass. Plastic lenses do not need to be taped. You do not need to clamp or wire your oil filter.

RIDING GEAR: Riders will be responsible for having full motorcycle gear. At a minimum, this means a motorcycle jacket and pants (no chaps). Gloves and boots should overlap the jacket and pants so no skin is exposed when you are in the riding position. Helmets must be FULL FACED. High quality modular helmets will be allowed but must remain in the locked position when on track. Hard back protectors are encouraged, but not mandatory.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I plan on going. I saw it on NER board and was going to post the link here but have not had time to look if it was redundant. Looks like a lot of fun and any time you can get practical experience/instruction from the right people IMO it worth the money. I will put my bike tire on for the day.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan on going. I saw it on NER board and was going to post the link here but have not had time to look if it was redundant. Looks like a lot of fun and any time you can get practical experience/instruction from the right people IMO it worth the money. I will put my bike tire on for the day.
Not only is it a great learning tool. It is really fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts