GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
This is a more updated version of what I created and posted way back when - and it IS CORRECT:

2001-2005: ABS or Non-ABS

Early 2006:
Level 1 (P): Premium Audio
Level 2 (HP): Add Comfort Package
Level 3 (HPN): Add Navigation
Level 4 (HPNA): Add ABS

Late 2006-2008:
Level 2 (HPN): Add Comfort Package, Navigation
Level 3 (HPNA): Add ABS
Level 4 (B): Add Airbag

2009-2010:
Level 1 (HPM): Premium Audio, Comfort Package, TPMS
Level 2 (HPNM): Add Navigation/Weather/XM
Level 3 (HPNAM): Add ABS
Level 4 (BM): Add Airbag

2012-2017:
Level 1: Premium Audio, Comfort Package, TPMS
Level 2: Add Navigation/Weather/XM/Trip Planner
Level 3: Add ABS
Level 4: Add Airbag

My 2006 was a Level 4 when I bought it... Airbag wasn't available yet. So if you know GoldWings all you need to know is the top level item and year to know everything that is on a Wing. But most don't know so it's better to forget about the "levels" and just list the items on the bike.

2004 added lighted buttons (most - not all buttons are lighted on any year).

2006 added bigger radiators and fans, bigger alternator, bigger front speakers (losing the small vents under the speakers).

2006-2008 had the first NAVI version with CF Cards, 2009-2010 had a improved version with SD cards, and 2012-2017 had an even better version where you could load your own routes via a second SD card.

2011 No GoldWings were built for the 2011 model year (moved manufacturing to Japan).

2012 had improved front suspension (debatable), cosmetic changes, better GPS. I believe the CD player was no longer an option and there was a USB connector for playing songs from a thumb drive.

2014 had improved transmission with 4th and 5th gears having improved dogs. GoldWingrGreg is a better source of info on that.

·
Registered
565 Posts
This is a more updated version of what I created and posted way back when - and it IS CORRECT:

2001-2005: ABS or Non-ABS

Early 2006:
Level 2 (HP): Add Comfort Package
Level 3 (HPN): Add Navigation
Level 4 (HPNA): Add ABS

Late 2006-2008:
Level 2 (HPN): Add Comfort Package, Navigation
Level 3 (HPNA): Add ABS
Level 4 (B): Add Airbag

2009-2010:
Level 1 (HPM): Premium Audio, Comfort Package, TPMS
Level 2 (HPNM): Add Navigation/Weather/XM
Level 3 (HPNAM): Add ABS
Level 4 (BM): Add Airbag

2012-2017:
Level 1: Premium Audio, Comfort Package, TPMS
Level 2: Add Navigation/Weather/XM/Trip Planner
Level 3: Add ABS
Level 4: Add Airbag

My 2006 was a Level 4 when I bought it... Airbag wasn't available yet. So if you know GoldWings all you need to know is the top level item and year to know everything that is on a Wing. But most don't know so it's better to forget about the "levels" and just list the items on the bike.

2004 added lighted buttons (most - not all buttons are lighted on any year).

2006 added bigger radiators and fans, bigger alternator, bigger front speakers (losing the small vents under the speakers).

2006-2008 had the first NAVI version with CF Cards, 2009-2010 had a improved version with SD cards, and 2012-2017 had an even better version where you could load your own routes via a second SD card.

2011 No GoldWings were built for the 2011 model year (moved manufacturing to Japan).

2012 had improved front suspension (debatable), cosmetic changes, better GPS. I believe the CD player was no longer an option and there was a USB connector for playing songs from a thumb drive.

2014 had improved transmission with 4th and 5th gears having improved dogs. GoldWingrGreg is a better source of info on that.
Your updated list ought to be correct FOR U.S. SPECIFCATION Gold Wings. (I recognize the query came from a U.S.-based member.)

Canadian specification Gold Wings (and likely those sold in other markets outside the U.S.) were different than those on your list. I had an '07 Wing bought new, and I BELIEVE at that time all Canadian models were ABS-equipped.

I only add this factoid because there are Canadian members on this forum and U.S. residents have been known to buy used Canadian vehicles and import them to the U.S.

Tim

21 - 23 of 23 Posts