GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a lurker while I was looking, been disappointed a couple of times too many, I know that this isn't the sponsor of this site, but I want to thank Deans Honda in Oelwein Iowa for making my Level 3 a dream come true.and to all for the info I gleaned from this site. the 902 mile ride home to TX was just friggin' awesome, this bike is much much more than I ever dreamed of, I don't know why I bought an ST back in 06 instead of a wing!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
welcome to the board, congrats on the new bike...cool:thumbup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice bike. I just bought my first Wing two days ago. 2008 ABS Red Metallic model. My first ride will be the Texas Hill Country.

Ken

·
Registered
170 Posts
Congrats.:congrats: Excellent purchase.
Before you hear from these guys that "The yellow ones are the fastest, get the best gas mileage, get the most babes, etc., etc.", let me correct that common misconception.

The BLUE is actually the fastest, gets the best gas mileage, gets the most babes, etc., etc.

Especially if it's an '05 with the 30th anniversary emblem. That emblem is a babe magnet, raises gas mileage by an additional 10% over the blue color, ads 15% to the power. (It also adds a little-known and fully BS 6th gear that lets you run 75mph at 1800rpm)

Edit: Also, the '05 Blue Wing has a magical crush washer.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
:wrong:Dont listen to him. Everything you hear about the yellow ones being better is true. LOL:thumbup:
Congrats.:congrats: Excellent purchase.
Before you hear from these guys that "The yellow ones are the fastest, get the best gas mileage, get the most babes, etc., etc.", let me correct that common misconception.

The BLUE is actually the fastest, gets the best gas mileage, gets the most babes, etc., etc.

Especially if it's an '05 with the 30th anniversary emblem. That emblem is a babe magnet, raises gas mileage by an additional 10% over the blue color, ads 15% to the power. (It also adds a little-known and fully BS 6th gear that lets you run 75mph at 1800rpm)

Edit: Also, the '05 Blue Wing has a magical crush washer.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I've been a lurker while I was looking, been disappointed a couple of times too many, I know that this isn't the sponsor of this site, but I want to thank Deans Honda in Oelwein Iowa for making my Level 3 a dream come true.and to all for the info I gleaned from this site. the 902 mile ride home to TX was just friggin' awesome, this bike is much much more than I ever dreamed of, I don't know why I bought an ST back in 06 instead of a wing!!!!!!!!
I went the ST1300 route also. If I'd known the truth about GL1800s I'd never have bought the ST! ENJOY! :thumbup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
:wrong:Dont listen to him. Everything you hear about the yellow ones being better is true. LOL:thumbup:
:agree::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
:congrats: and welcome aboard

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just because yellow is more popular doesn't make it better. Multiple wrongs doesn't make a right.:lol:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Welcome Aboard!!! Yellow hugh, I guess we'll let you stay LOL. :wrong:
Where in Texas are you from?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I don't know why I bought an ST back in 06 instead of a wing!!!!!!!!
Maybe you thought the ST would grow up to be a Wing.....:tongue:

:congrats: on your new ride!

·
Registered
19,049 Posts
:congrats:nothing like a new wing

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!Have fun and enjoy your bike!!!!!:cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts