GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed ver 8 on both my computer and my 2610. Now when I plot a route on the computer and transfer to the GPS, I get an error message saying the route does not match the maps and I have to recalculate. It then will not be the route I plotted. Any Ideas????

·
Banned
350 Posts
Look at the map information on the 2610 and make sure you got the CNv8 maps installed.

I have a 2610 and did same thing as you and have no issues.

Also make sure MapSOurce on PC is loading CNv8 maps. My upgrade did not delete the CNv6 maps.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
You think that's bad?

I have CN8 loaded into my GPSMAP 276CSx and we used it to route us to one of our favorite Italian restaurants last evening. It sent us to 208 S. Main St in HOMER, NY instead of Cortland, NY, although it listed the address as Cortland. The address in Homer, NY is a few miles north of the correct location. I e-mailed Navteq avout this.

The restaurant, by the way, is Melodyland, a very smallplace that is family owned and does excellent homemades.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I received my V8 upgrade in the mail today. I successfully unlocked it for my Garmin V and also added another GPS device (bike) and unlocked it. Now all I need is the CF reader and I'll be ready to dump the maps to the bike CF card.

I have gotten the error message about the maps not meeting the route on the GPS V before but a dump and a re-load fixed it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts