GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a small little Hamburger Shop in Timbo AR, located almost at the intersection of Arkansas Hwy 66 & Hwy 263 (Just a few miles to the West of Mtn. View). The name is nothing fancy, its the: "The Dairy Bar".

We have been traveling Hwy 66 for years and never stopped in or for that fact even noticed the place until a few weeks back a news report for the Arkansas Demcrate Gazette from Little Rock placed a story about the place in the paper. So, a few days later we gave it a try and Boy Oh Boy!!:thumbup: We have been back as of today now 5 times. They have a full menu but their burgers are the deal for us. The beef is ground daily and they even advertise, "It's never been frozen"!

Not only is it a good place to eat but a good ride too! It sits up on a small hill above the road on the North Side of Hwy 66 right in Timbo. Just watch the gravel drives in and especially coming down to the Hwy leaving.

Maybe we will see some of you there?

·
Registered
858 Posts
I rode right past it last time I was out that direction...guess I'll stop next time!

·
Registered
657 Posts
That's better than being forced to watch Rachel Maddow on MSNBC during lunch like we have to here in Afghanistan (not allowed to switch the channel...Fox is on some but they have to be "fair" and Rachel comes on when I eat).

I'll be in Arkansas near the beginning of July...not too familiar with the area...is that close to Eureka Springs?

Dennis

11 dtg KAF
13 dtg Dubai
14 dtg Home for good!

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
I'll be in Arkansas near the beginning of July...not too familiar with the area...is that close to Eureka Springs?

Dennis

!
Its about 110 miles east of Eureka Springs, in a great part of Ar for riding. You can not toss a crush washer and find a poor road in NWest and North central AR.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hwy # Correction

In my original post I stated the "Dairy Bar" was located in Timbo AR near the intersection of Hwy 66 & Hwy 341. The correct intersection is: Hwy 66 & Hwy 263. Although, Timbo is not such a large place anyone would probably not got lost anyway?

Regards,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts