GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone riding Eureka Sprgs area or South on US23 today? Staying and riding Sunday. Help!!! I'm trapped in downtown Eureka Springs. And my wife is shopping.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
she shops---you ride---she calls you when she is done--you get there to pick her up "as soon as you can", but it will take a while b/c you're about an hour and a half from there! OH-wait, it doesn't work that way! MY BAD!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still haven't left Eureka Springs

I'm sittin at the Eureka Grill eating lunch. I hope to at least get to ride 23 South to Oark today.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
"The Secret" is to move here, then ES will become "just another place" to her and save you lots of money in the long run....and you will have roads to ride that actually have a bend or two in them. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I just got back from that hell hole. ;) that's where my wife was, buying black chunks of glass she calls rocks!!! Wish you would have been there a few days ago. LoL

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
"The Secret" is to move here, then ES will become "just another place" to her and save you lots of money in the long run....and you will have roads to ride that actually have a bend or two in them. :thumbup:
Sure he could move to Rogers and introduce her to the Promanade @ Pinnacle hills, he wouldnt have any money left for bike gas......

·
The Boss
1,289 Posts
The solution to being able to let her shop... while you ride is VERY simple.
Stay at a hotel that's on the trolley line, which runs everywhere throughout ES. You can drop her off downtown, or she could take the trolley... then take the trolley back to the hotel, packages in hand, enjoying a very nice scenic ride on the way! Very safe as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The wife and I usually take 2 days in Eureka, one for shopping, and one for riding. We both go home happy......

Oark is good; if you like steaks you might try Gaskins Cabin (parking lot is gravel on a hill), about 4 miles out of ES and for Italian Ermilio's on the old loop in ES is great

http://www.ermilios.com/
http://www.gaskinscabin.com/
Autumn Breezes is our favorite restaurant.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
We stayed a few days in ES a couple of years ago.

The people at the local town post office got to know Deanna by name...

It's called "Shop and ship" !!!

"Oh, there's something for the granddaughters" and then she'd take it to the post office.

"Oh, there's something for (fill in name here)" and then she'd take it to the post office.

"Oh, there's something for the granddaughters" and then she'd take it to the post office, again.

And this was just the first day...

Good luck my friend.

If it gets too bad we can all get together and wire you some money to get out of town on.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Sure he could move to Rogers and introduce her to the Promanade @ Pinnacle hills, he wouldnt have any money left for bike gas......
Or go to the Daisy BB gun museum and spend some serious cash. Charley

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The solution to being able to let her shop... while you ride is VERY simple.
Stay at a hotel that's on the trolley line, which runs everywhere throughout ES. You can drop her off downtown, or she could take the trolley... then take the trolley back to the hotel, packages in hand, enjoying a very nice scenic ride on the way! Very safe as well.
Make em walk, they won't buy as much!! LOL Charley

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everyone's happy!

Well, finished the shopping at ES. Back to Kettle Campground and packed the trophies into the trailer by 3PM. We rode East to Berryville and South on 21 to Clarksville, then West to 23 and North on the Pig Trail back to ES. Arrived right at dark and had very little traffic throughout the ride. With the exception of a few miles of tar snake road to contend with had a great ride! If the heat today wouldn't have been so darn windy and hot the ride back home would have been super to as we took backtop two lanes all the way back home. Pulled into the garage with 999.5 miles for the trip on the trip meter. Can't wait to maybe squeeze another ride to Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas before RG11.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Dang, been there done that. We just move to Ark about 6 weeks ago. Don't even know where to start riding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts