GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a waterfall near Highlands, North Carolina that you can ride you bike under. Does anyone have a location for that one. Any other waterfalls that are worth the trip in that area? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
It's called Bridal Veil Falls. US28 north of Highland NC.

The entire area is great motorcycle roads. Book a room in Maggie Valley and enjoy the area.

·
Registered
537 Posts
waterfalls

Bridal Veil Falls is the falls you mentioned. Another falls, Dry falls is just a mile down the road. At Dry falls you can walk down and behind the falls or view from the top overlook, I suggest walking down and going under the falls.
If you are planning a trip to this area check out Bryson City chili ride on this forum.
The www.smokymountainridein.com website has pictures of the falls mentioned before, click on photos 2011 for the last ride in photos.

Bryson City is a very good location for rides around the area.:thumbup:

"Shorty"

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Bridal Veil Falls NC 64 east of Franklin

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
There is a waterfall near Highlands, North Carolina that you can ride you bike under. Does anyone have a location for that one. Any other waterfalls that are worth the trip in that area? Thanks!
Come to the Bryson City Chili Ride Oct 13-15 and we can take you there.
Also like Shorty said join us at the Smoky Mountain Ride In 2012
next year.
Gary

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Come to the Bryson City Chili Ride Oct 13-15 and we can take you there.
Also like Shorty said join us at the Smoky Mountain Ride In 2012
next year.
Gary

Gary,

You're on. Paciia, jhughes556 and I will be riding up from Texas to be at the Chili Ride in October!!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
We were just at the falls two weeks ago and they were just barely dripping water. It looked like they have not had hardly any rain as all of the creeks and rivers also looked like they were about dry.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
We were just at the falls two weeks ago and they were just barely dripping water. It looked like they have not had hardly any rain as all of the creeks and rivers also looked like they were about dry.
Memorial Day weekend rain should have helped with that situation! Rains from Irene. :thumbup:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
If you are going up there by yourself a good place to stay is Havens Budget Inn in Franklin. 40 bucks a night, free internet , not fancy but a hot bath. Lots of places to eat within walking distance and you are within 15 miles of any of the water falls and there are about 15 of them.

Lodging in Bryson City and other places will cause one eye to close...........they are proud of their rates.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'd like to thank paulcarver for starting this thread and the rest for the answers and location!
I have now added this waterfall to my ride home when I pick up my new Wing next week.
At least I can get a picture from underneath the falls.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts