GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While visiting my daughter near Charlotte, we took a drive to South Mountain State Park. What a beautiful area that was. We wandered the back roads and state routes on the return trip to Charlotte. I mentioned many times to my wife and daughter that I was driving the wrong vehicle. Definitely a place to visit on the Goldwing this summer. I’ve heard it said that there is a wealth of good MC roads in NC. After yesterday I can attest to the truth of that statement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
While visiting my daughter near Charlotte, we took a drive to South Mountain State Park. What a beautiful area that was. We wandered the back roads and state routes on the return trip to Charlotte. I mentioned many times to my wife and daughter that I was driving the wrong vehicle. Definitely a place to visit on the Goldwing this summer. I’ve heard it said that there is a wealth of good MC roads in NC. After yesterday I can attest to the truth of that statement

Roads all over and the blue Ridge drive is a good one also. Always in the fall is a added adventure .

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Farther north or farther west gets even better.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Never been there but hear it is indeed a beautiful place. But then again so is Coeur d Alene. I just can’t wait to get back on the bikes. So far this month we have been blessed with 41 inches of snow. Crap. Going to be a long winter.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Never been there but hear it is indeed a beautiful place. But then again so is Coeur d Alene. I just can’t wait to get back on the bikes. So far this month we have been blessed with 41 inches of snow. Crap. Going to be a long winter.
I haven’t spent nearly as much time in ID as I would like, but you do have beautiful country, indeed. Love riding in the West.

Reactions: anotherone

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I am headed to Maggie Valley along the BRP in September. Really looking forward to it.

usually a bunch of floridians descend on Bryson City in oct. Since I grew up in miami the leaf change makes my day. Of course wet leaves on mountain roads is a thrill in itself .:grin2:

Reactions: shojac

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Farther north or farther west gets even better.
I am headed to Maggie Valley along the BRP in September. Really looking forward to it.
There are so many fantastic beautiful place to ride all over NC including the Park you were in but just wait until your trip in September. The BRP, Maggie Valley, Cherokee, Smokey Mountains, the list is long. It is motorcycle heaven! We all read so much about that area but it exceeds expectations when your there at least for me. It never gets old and there are what seems to be endless great places to ride and see. The Fall is such a great time to go too. I will be there during that time so who knows, we might cross paths. Is it September yet?? Can't come fast enough.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,581 Posts
There are so many fantastic beautiful place to ride all over NC including the Park you were in but just wait until your trip in September. The BRP, Maggie Valley, Cherokee, Smokey Mountains, the list is long. It is motorcycle heaven! We all read so much about that area but it exceeds expectations when your there at least for me. It never gets old and there are what seems to be endless great places to ride and see. The Fall is such a great time to go too. I will be there during that time so who knows, we might cross paths. Is it September yet?? Can't come fast enough.
I feel the same way as you about riding in that area. I go down in June and with some friends in Sept too. It never gets old for me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Greetings from WinstonSalem!

If you do make it back this way, drop me a PM. Not only do I know where the interesting roads are.....I also know where all the great BBQ joints are!

...sT

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

Western NC and East Tennessee roads are wonderful for biking. When someone asks me about where are the best rides, I say just come out of your motel parking lot and turn left, OR right, and ride! There aren't any bad riding roads up there...well, on pavement anyhow. And there aren't any bad roads for off-road riding either, from what I've heard.

I don't know about out west because I haven't been out there I know there are some spectacular views out there. But I think what MAY be the difference between the West and the EASTERN TN/Western NC area is that in that area there is so much good riding encompassed in a tight section of country. And it's accessible even in the winter for the most part. They do get snow but it's not all the time.

And for me, you can can't beat Maggie Valley for a base of operations. Decent pricing for rooms, and good food is abundant there. What else do you need?:grin2:

·
Registered
7,565 Posts

MV is one of our favorite places to headquarter for a few days of riding.

Include time to go to 'Wheels Thru Time'.

In addition to GSMNP, there are lots and lots of great roads thru Maggie Valley, Tellico Plains, Helen Georgia, Hendersonville NC area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts