GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some info on routes from Niagara Falls to Portland Maine. I would like to take the scenic route. Trying to stay off of the Interstate. I would like to go through the mountains of New York and upper Vermont. If anyone from that area can help me I would really appreciatate it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Magilla,

Write a PM to jamac00, he is from the Rochester area, and I believe that he does the route you are talking about.

Worth a try, and I know that if Jazzy Jeff and or TBB (Barb) can help, they will.

If you come a little further south, Liberty/Monticello area, I can probably help you put a (S)mile or two on.

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
We would like to help, but me and TBB jump on the bike and just ride?? unfortunately 9 times out a 10 we get lost.

just kidding, except for the lost part, I've never been "lost" in my life, I have been a tad confused on occasion~~~but never "lost" :D :D :D

where EXCACTLY would you like to go??? North of the NY thruway, or south of the NY thruway.

From Niagara Falls, head east on Rt 104 till you get to Rt 98,, turn left (north) and pick up the Lake Ontario Park way (this road runs right along Lake Ontario and there are VERY FEW users)

The parkway ends at (for now) Lake Ave in Rochester NY, turn left and go about 100 feet and turn right over the Stutson Street bridge (this is a steel deck bridge, a long steel deck bridge, if ya don't like steel decked bridges let me know and I can get you around it) this will put you on Pattonwood dr, go to the end of this rd (about ½ a mile) turn right (ya go left and you will be saying hello to the United States Coast Gaurd) turn right, make your first left and your on Lake blvd take this around to Culver rd, turn right and go till you pick Rt 104 (AGAIN) You will be on a very busy section of expressway for about 3-4 miles, cross over the Irondequoit Bay Bridge (lovely view of the Bay) take the first exit (oddly enough it's BAY RD) go north on bay rd till it ends, turn right (if you fail to make this turn, you will "bling" your bike, cause your going to be in the lake) take Lake rd to the end (about 25-30 miles) to sodus bay. In sodus turn right onto rt 14 south, now it gets confusing :D one way or another your going to go up through Oswego (Oswego State College, yeee-haaa, party town) pick up Rt 104 AGAIN, and take that to Rt 3 north. Now you can go a bunch of differant ways, you can go to Alexandria Bay/Thousand Isle area or continue on Rt 3 and head out to Tupper Lake, Lake saranac, Lake Placid area

From here you should contact Andrew DiLiveron, up in Pottersville, he has some GREAT ROADS to fly around on up there, and through Vermont

If this is to confusing for you, give me 3 to 5 minutes notice and I'll just drive with ya so you don't get lost :D :D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts