GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Great idea. :thumbup:

Define "ride".

All I need is a time and place for starting.

Good luck. I haven't had much luck, But, then again, Mine sarted at sunrise and lasted all day.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wouldn't mind. Most of my weekends have been spent at work but ... I'll keep lookin to see whats posted. The wife and myself are doing a big ride in August. Americas911ride.org. It's a 2000 mile trek up around the 3 crash sites from 9/11. I been trying to build her up as far as time in the saddle. She did 570 miles last saturday. I need to tweak her bike in so rides like this are good... I talk too much. And sometimes in circles..

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Been waiting for this. I'm game if available. The more notice, the better.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I would love to ride but it depends on when you go. My bike is still in the shop being repaired, and probably will be through this next weekend. and I go back to the Doctor for a knee surgery followup on Friday. I suspect he will start me on physical therapy (which I have already been doing on my own), so it just depends on whether I can ride the following weekend.

:thumbup:

I also have a map of 'the Gauntlet' of North Georgia (135 miles) on my MapSource if anyone would like a copy of it. I am currently running the latest copy of Garmin MapSource version 6.16.3. If you would like a copy give me your email address and I will send you a copy of the map file.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Repairs to our home from Tornado damage now ongoing...so pending those demands, count me in as a possible...if timing doesn't work, I will sure keep an eye open for other offerings...

Flintstone GA is 7 miles south of Chattanooga.

See ya, be safe

Doug / AG5I

·
Registered
479 Posts
where to, and when? We just got back from a 1900 miler out to Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. this weekend planning on going to Nashville, Tn.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya Come On

Ya come on, who says the Georgia board is dead!!!!. I work on Saturday most weekends (it is the season for heat and air conditioning sales) but, I am on the bike every Sunday. Most of the time I do the Suches loop and the other mountian loops, however I have found a ride that goes from Hwy 515 over to McCaysville Following the Occoe river (spelling ?) to Hwy 411 back down to Cartersville and I 75 that takes 5 to 6 hours. would like to ride it nest Saturday or Sunday. Any one up for a litttle saddle time!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Just had a my second Stent put in.

When my body clears itself of meds
Nancy and I are game.

Might bring a couple of Trike riders in-tow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ready

Really not about the destination...its about the journey. Let me know where and when and I'll bring along some more riders.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Okay, all you guys. I'll step up. Now it's your turn.

This Sunday, July 24, 2011: Since some may not like riding before sunrise and some may have a longer way to go, I think this will work:

Meeting Place: McDonalds at intersection of Ga. 400 and Hwy 53
Time: Anytime between 7:30a and 8am
Leave: 8:15a sharp with full tanks and empty bladders
Destination: Late lunch somewhere

Backroads with little or no traffic. Pace will be a consensus of those in attendance. I'm good with anything. :yes1:

After lunch, you can head for the barn or tag along for some more riding. :shrug:

Be there or be square. Even if you can't ride along, meet us for a biscuit before we leave.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Count me in

Looking forward to meeting many fellow "posters". Thanks for organizing the ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Would like to come down meet and ride but already have a ride scheduled out to Sikeston, Missouri to eat a Lamberts and then going up to Ill to see Superman and back to Ktown that weekend. You all have fun!

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Okay, all you guys. I'll step up. Now it's your turn.

This Sunday, July 24, 2001: Since some may not like riding before sunrise...........

Paul,

Been spending a little too much time in the "Way Back Machine," huh? ;)

Y'all ride safely.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts