GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took 89 off of I40 in Flagstaff to get back to SW Utah. Several miles up 89, the same crew that put down a new layer of asphalt last year (that makes your ride feel like you're on ribbon candy) is doing more new roadwork further North. Same base size I was told as the other section so in no time, with all the truck traffic, it will be bumpy. Delays of up to 1/2 hour.

Further North after you start climbing once cleared of Marble Canyon, they are putting down a layer of oil and trying to cover it with sand. Quite a few areas never had sand land on it. Hope the two different groups of bikers I warned made it through safely and "clean".

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Took 89 off of I40 in Flagstaff to get back to SW Utah. Several miles up 89, the same crew that put down a new layer of asphalt last year (that makes your ride feel like you're on ribbon candy) is doing more new roadwork further North. Same base size I was told as the other section so in no time, with all the truck traffic, it will be bumpy. Delays of up to 1/2 hour.

Further North after you start climbing once cleared of Marble Canyon, they are putting down a layer of oil and trying to cover it with sand. Quite a few areas never had sand land on it. Hope the two different groups of bikers I warned made it through safely and "clean".
We passed through that construction a few weeks back. They had one lane shut down....even though they weren't doing anything on the road. There was 1 guy with a little backhoe well off the road digging. :shrug:

Well at least the area was pretty and the weather nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts