GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crockett and I are planning on going to the Helmet Shop in Daytona this coming Saturday. We figured it would be a good opportunity for an RTE in the area. Jamie suggested The North Turn Restaurant at Ponce Inlet. As I recall, Roger went there in the recent past and gave it good reviews. Anyway, the weather forecast is looking good. On Jamie's advice we plan on getting there at 11:00 to beat the local crowds. All are welcome. If we can get an early head count I'll contact the restaurant and see if we might reserve a few tables. Join us afterwards as we try to find some riding pants large enough for crockett's big butt at The Helmet Shop.

Tom
Crockett and Kathy
Lee 2
Jamie and Phyllis
Brother Dave
Ray and Sandy
GandyFire Bill
John (AC)
Les
Mike and Lois
Uncle John
Richard 2

http://www.racingsnorthturn.com/

4511 S. Atlantic Ave. Ponce Inlet, FL. 32127

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
It's a great spot OBT, good food, service was somewhat slow. We'll be in Gawja Saturday, then off to the Darksider deal early next week.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Crockett and I are planning on going to the Helmet Shop in Daytona this coming Saturday. We figured it would be a good opportunity for an RTE in the area. Jamie suggested The North Turn Restaurant at Ponce Inlet. As I recall, Roger went there in the recent past and gave it good reviews. Anyway, the weather forecast is looking good. On Jamie's advice we plan on getting there at 11:00 to beat the local crowds. All are welcome. If we can get an early head count I'll contact the restaurant and see if we might reserve a few tables. Join us afterwards as we try to find some riding pants large enough for crockett's big butt at The Helmet Shop.

http://www.racingsnorthturn.com/

4511 S. Atlantic Ave. Ponce Inlet, FL. 32127

Tom, advise crockett that MotorcycleGear.com aka new enough has the "winterly insulated" pants and in several styles...mesh/textile.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I recently joined the group, 2001 Old Blue,My wife and I will be joining in on the fun and eats on Oct 1st.Looking foward to to a RTE on a Friday breakfast around an hour or so from Orlando.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I recently joined the group, 2001 Old Blue,My wife and I will be joining in on the fun and eats on Oct 1st.Looking foward to to a RTE on a Friday breakfast around an hour or so from Orlando.
Welcome pop! Look forward to meeting you folks!
As info: Daytona Beach Shores and Ponce Inlet are "speed traps!":evil: The speed limit on A1A is 35mph!

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Put me down for 1.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I'll be there also.

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come on guys, beautiful weather, dining on the ocean, surely more of you want to come:shrug:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Come on guys, beautiful weather, dining on the ocean, surely more of you want to come:shrug:
You're competing with Saturdays which is college football this time of the year. My team (Miami) won't be on TV until 3:30 and then not on a channel I can get.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday. The weather should be great and the ride even better.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Tom, count me in as one more. Hopefully we can make that two!. I plan on arriving around 10:30

The weather should be great Saturday. I believe it is supposed to be in the upper sixties in the morning and a high of 85 with no mention of rain. It will be October so maybe the love bugs will be less of a problem as well.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Tom
Looks like a great day for a ride.
But I'm getting off work on Saturday morning and not enough
time to get over there. You guys have a great time.
Gary

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
If the creek don't rise, count 2 more from this location. Lois wants to go to the helmet shop for a new helmet. Seems just because I drive off with it sitting on the fender a few times, and it looking like minced meat, she wants another one. She is soooo vain.... LOL

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tom
Looks like a great day for a ride.
But I'm getting off work on Saturday morning and not enough
time to get over there. You guys have a great time.
Gary
Looks like we'll see you two in Bryson City.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
Gonna try n get away hope to see ya all

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I am tempted to join you - but thats 270 miles from Marco, A little too far for a early lunch - Lets make the next one a little farther south. You all have a good time

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am tempted to join you - but thats 270 miles from Marco, A little too far for a early lunch - Lets make the next one a little farther south. You all have a good time
You're right Steve, I wouldn't ride 270 miles to eat with this bunch of geezers:eek:4: Any chance you'll come up to Bryson City? Gary sent me a suggestion for a place called the Speckled ButterBean in Webster Florida, thought we'd plan that after the Chili Ride. That should be much closer to your neck of the woods.

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've never been to this place but I've heard it can be pretty crowded. I'm leaving at 9 to give myself two hours to get there. I'm suggesting whoever gets there first, make an executive decision based on weather, available seating etc, to go ahead and grab us some tables (inside or out). We should have a good idea of numbers by tomorrow evening. I called earlier in the week and they don't take reservations. They said if someone is there when they open at 11am you should have no trouble grabbing enough tables for a large group.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You're right Steve, I wouldn't ride 270 miles to eat with this bunch of geezers:eek:4: Any chance you'll come up to Bryson City? Gary sent me a suggestion for a place called the Speckled ButterBean in Webster Florida, thought we'd plan that after the Chili Ride. That should be much closer to your neck of the woods.
Speckled Butter Bean right here on Hwy 44 at Wildwood............

·
Registered
134 Posts
Two here also , riding up with Fireater...........

1 - 20 of 41 Posts