GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to go to Cincinnati later today. I just checked weather.com and the high for today will be 19 degrees with a low of 8 degrees. I am seriously thinking about not going. Yesterday in South Florida it was in the mid 70's. Thats just too much of a change for me.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Come on Hal..........I was in Palm Springs last week and had to come back to Wisconsin's -10 degrees. What an eye-opener!!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Hey Hal.................

We haven't been above 0 degrees since Wednesday..................last nights low was -20 and the night before -25!
For some reason I'm having a hard time feeling bad for you..............Heheee! :D

Come on Spring!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't even think I own enough clothes to take with me that would let me survive in that weather. I don't know how you do it up north.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Don't let a little cold weather stop you, we have had to deal with it for over a month now, a day or so won't hurt you, come on toughen up, and remember, it's all in the imagination...... :sw1: :snow1: :flg:

·
Registered
134 Posts
You could always send Chris :D . These younger kids can handle the cold much better than us more mature folks.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
I don't even think I own enough clothes to take with me that would let me survive in that weather. I don't know how you do it up north.
It's a 'DRY COLD' :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a 'DRY COLD'

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Hal,

Shorts in a dry cold, is well acceptable. However, I will caution you, that when you have to use the "Facillities", You must use the the "Facillities". Mother nature is not kind to us up here in the north, when we try not to use the "Facillities" in the the cool dry cold.....LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
How we get enough clothes, is that we buy them at garage sales in the summer, from the people that are moving south, 'cause they're sick of cold weather. :lol:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Geez 8 degrees would be aheat wave, minus 35 below 0 yesterday morn.

Why do we stay here????????????? :?

·
Registered
185 Posts
My thermometers don't even have numbers on them below 40*. Do they make them that measure lower than that???

Life is good in Texas (except when it is 104* in the summer!!!)

mike

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
I have to go to Cincinnati later today. I just checked weather.com and the high for today will be 19 degrees with a low of 8 degrees. I am seriously thinking about not going. Yesterday in South Florida it was in the mid 70's. Thats just too much of a change for me.

Overnite low last nite was -12 (broke record for this date)

Don't know where low of 8 degrees came from. Local forecasters calling for -11

come and enjoy

granpa in Cincy

·
Registered
8,182 Posts
As a kid I was raised in northern NJ about 15 minutes from New York State. Yes indeed it did get cold. Joined the Navy at 18 and spent some time in sunny Calif. After my discharge it took me all of 5 minutes to decide never to go back to that climate to live in. I honestly don't know how some of you folks survive the winters back east.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Hal, while you are couped up in the northern climate, think of another sale event. I agree this is a great idea. Feel the walls getting closer, the gloom and shadow over a two wheeler. New chrome allways bring in the light!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hal,

Try some warm weather gear from our sponsor.
Here's there page http://www.HondaDirectLine.com :D

I've had the wood stove going continously since before Thanksgiving

CTWing

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hal, if you simply bring the warm weather with you we all could benefit. By the way I did see a kid in shorts at the bowling alley this morning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts