GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to install the Kuryakyn Passenger 'Transformer Boards'. The chrome plating on one of them was amber. The bad Board was packed up-side-down so the defective chrome wasn't visible looking at the package. Second time I've seen Kuryakyn package something with the bad side down.

Then I installed their 'Boomerang Frame Covers'. The plastic chrome was fine, but they fit poorly. They were in a real bind where they cross the raised frame joint. I don't know why they aren't molded to fit better. The double face tape is under such strain it won't hold.

Darn!!
Shooter Indy

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Shooter.

Did you remove the plastic weld cover? My covers, (a nice gift from some Friends in CA), fit very nicely.

Kury has had some large issues with their Chrome.

Bulldog

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah Ha!!!!!!

When I read the responses and linked to the online Kuryakyn instructions I thought "How could I have been so stupid to not read the part about removing the frame weld covers!"

Today I was filing all the installation instructions from my accessories and re-read the printed Kuryakyn instructions. The printed instructions made no mention of removing the frame weld cover --- Ah Ha!

So they've updated the instructions ... thank goodness you all were there to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts