GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to install the Kuryakyn Passenger 'Transformer Boards'. The chrome plating on one of them was amber. The bad Board was packed up-side-down so the defective chrome wasn't visible looking at the package. Second time I've seen Kuryakyn package something with the bad side down.

Then I installed their 'Boomerang Frame Covers'. The plastic chrome was fine, but they fit poorly. They were in a real bind where they cross the raised frame joint. I don't know why they aren't molded to fit better. The double face tape is under such strain it won't hold.

Darn!!
Shooter Indy

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah Ha!!!!!!

When I read the responses and linked to the online Kuryakyn instructions I thought "How could I have been so stupid to not read the part about removing the frame weld covers!"

Today I was filing all the installation instructions from my accessories and re-read the printed Kuryakyn instructions. The printed instructions made no mention of removing the frame weld cover --- Ah Ha!

So they've updated the instructions ... thank goodness you all were there to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.