GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a family resort within a days drive of central Wisconsin. Could be a long days drive. We are trying to plan a family fishing trip. What we want is a place on the water with good fishing as well as a swim beach and other things that would appeal to the whole family. Looking for something moderately priced. I'm sure that some of you have been to places you could recommend.
Thanks

·
Registered
711 Posts
Looking for a family resort within a days drive of central Wisconsin. Could be a long days drive. We are trying to plan a family fishing trip. What we want is a place on the water with good fishing as well as a swim beach and other things that would appeal to the whole family. Looking for something moderately priced. I'm sure that some of you have been to places you could recommend.
Thanks
Lake Wissota by Chippewa Falls is nice, but I'm not sure there is a resort on it anymore. Used to be 2 IIRC.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
262 Posts
Are you thinking of camping, or ? Lots of lakes in our state, for family fun. Stop at a rest area, on the interstate. Each county, has a brochure about all the fun stuff to do, in their respective counties. Personally, I would do it during the week, not the weekend. Weekends are crazy on the water, with drunken boaters.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you thinking of camping, or ? Lots of lakes in our state, for family fun. Stop at a rest area, on the interstate. Each county, has a brochure about all the fun stuff to do, in their respective counties. Personally, I would do it during the week, not the weekend. Weekends are crazy on the water, with drunken boaters.
Not camping. Looking for a cabin for 2 couples and 2 kids.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Ken I have a friend the takes a summer vacation every year up to Manitowish Water. He really enjoy the area and the fishing. Just throwing it out there. https://www.lodgemw.com/contact.html

Or check into Airbnb's I have been hearing good thing about these. Haven't tried one yet.

Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts