GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since I put the Bridgestone on the front and the Pirelli Eufori on back, there is NO, and I mean NO, decel wobble.

Not sure how long that's going to last, but on my bike it is now established that the determining factor for the presence or absence of wobble is the tires or an adjustable parameter associated with their replacement.

Veddy Eeenterezting.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
leftwinger said:
since I put the Bridgestone on the front and the Pirelli Eufori on back, there is NO, and I mean NO, decel wobble.
I did not notice a change in the wobble behavior with the CT per se but new tires always help! Just before I got the forks rebuilt and the steering head bearing replaced, mine would wobble bad from 35-45 regardless of how I got there and even if I was holding on. The bike has 110K; a SuperBrace is on the forks; the front E3 has about 5K with no cupping; the front tire was run at <5lbs for a couple of miles a couple of times due to a bad valve stem. (It says something about the bike when the front tire can be run flat and the bike only feels a bit sloppy!) With the repairs and the same front tire, I get a slight wobble on decel. Scheduled: rear shock repair/replace and new front tire! I'll test and report again then.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No superbrace here and no mods or even maintenance on the suspension other than I did replace the brake pads when I had the wheels off. Essentially the only variables are the new rubber. I have 27000 miles on my 02 ABS.

The wobbles were only on decel with hands off or really light pressure on the grips. They seemed to get worse as the tires accumulated miles. We'll see how long this pleasant steadiness lasts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts